Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, i have a question.

blinds 100/200 ante i dont remember
game only vs small blind
my stack is 9200 vs stack small blind 11700
my position was middle with a-j sweet clovers but i open raise x3 600 all fold and small blind call and big blind call to

pot 1800 approximately

flop is
2 clovers jack spades and 3 clovers, small blind make raise 300, bb fold and i make call, only call.

pot 2400

Turn is 4 diamons i think this 4 open me proyect straight to, i have jack good kicker and proyect colour and straight...
Small blind raise me again 500 i make re-raise 1000 and sb call me

pot 4400

My stack 7300 aprox
Stack bb 9800 aprox

River is 5 spades,
Sb check
i make raise 3000
Sb meke me all in
is fold? if this hand is fold, I need to know the basics of why it would fold, because, i call this all in but i think sb all in was an alert.

Would the hand have played differently?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raising pre flop is good but I would have gone smaller than 3x. Maybe something like 2.25x to 2.5x, that might be splitting hairs but I don’t think there is a need to 3x on a 46 BB stack as we should be able to not have an issue getting it all in if that is what we want to have happen. On the flop we have top pair and nut flush draw which is a very good hand. I would advise treating these very small bets (ones that are a min bet or close to it) like a check. In that case I would act like this was checked to me and I would have bet something in the 800-1100 range. If we get re-raised I don’t mind getting the chips in as our hand is very strong.

As played by just calling the flop bet I would definitely raise the turn. It gives us a straight draw while we maintain top pair top kicker and also nut flush draw. No reason to just call his bet here as we should want to juice the pot to get more value from our strong hand. When he raises you back as played I would just call as you did and see a river.

The river being a 5 of spades does give us a straight which is not the nut straight but still important. We now beat any crazy sets of 2s or 3s (don’t think he has them based on action but possible) and now are only losing to a bigger straight. You wind up making a large river bet that is 2/3rds of the pot. I don’t mind that bet as long as in your mind you know you are never folding since you have put in a huge amount of your stack up to this point. As played when they re-raise I would call knowing its possible I’m beat but it would have to be some 6x hand that has taken a strange road of getting to showdown.

J

juan vega

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He had 6-7 spades

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The opponent attacked with the worst hand and got the best one. I have problems with such players and determining their hand. He had a crazy draw. These people don't fold their cards, even if you raised your bets on the flop. Check-all in on the river means that it has a very strong combination. I would assume that he had an ACE during all the hands and we will split the pot, but 6 7 is not realistic.

J

juan vega

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the same, for that reason i did not focus on what he had, but on how i played the hand and if i could have played it better.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The issue in this hand is, that you played way to passive on the flop and turn. People are making these tiny little donk bets out of position, because they want to set their own price. And by just calling on the flop and making a tiny little click-it-back raise on the turn, you are playing the game on his terms rather than forcing him to play the game on your terms. On the flop you need to make it like 1.500-1.800 to go, and given his holding that would most likely have been the end of the hand. And if he still wants to draw to a runner-runner straight or flush, then at least you make him pay to do so.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think flop is ok, because if we will play raise he will fold worst hands. I like your raise on the turn, but your size very small. You need to do it with a size around 2000-2500.
He played check push, in most of cases it will be a deal. So you can call it.

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should smaller openraise. 3x is good if you are deep like 100BB+
on the flop you can go check raise. Can fold hands with some draws and etc
But in your case i would go fold on river. he has many 6 in his range, he go just call from SB, that means he had small connector, maybe 22-55, K/Q with low kicker. And i have experience that on this limits if enemy bet a lot or reraise allin he never bluff