Realpoker.mn (MP): 7,067 (47 bb)
andrefilipe2711 (MP+1): 3,365 (22 bb)
bolazar (LP): 13,318 (89 bb)
123jeffrey (CO): 12,802 (85 bb)
kakarotto1 (BU): 10,984 (73 bb)
semper_victrix (SB): 7,028 (47 bb)
3722BMZ (BB): 3,921 (26 bb)

Pre-Flop: (405) Hero (3722BMZ) is BB with K J
4 players fold, bolazar (LP) raises to 300, 2 players fold, semper_victrix (SB) calls 225, 3722BMZ (BB) calls 150

Flop: (1,080) 9 T Q (3 players)
semper_victrix (SB) checks, 3722BMZ (BB) checks, bolazar (LP) bets 540, semper_victrix (SB) folds, 3722BMZ (BB) raises to 3,601 (all-in), bolazar (LP) calls 3,061

Turn: (8,282) T (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (8,282) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 8,282

Showdown:
3722BMZ (BB) shows K J (a straight, Nine to King)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 73%, Flop: 88%, Turn: 74%, River: 0%)

bolazar (LP) shows T J (a full house, Tens full of Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 27%, Flop: 12%, Turn: 26%, River: 100%)

bolazar (LP) wins 8,282

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokerstars replayer on the flop

https://i.gyazo.com/16bb494a4e465ec2612b011238db3c91.png

hands odds preflop 71% vs 26%

https://i.gyazo.com/c99414e7a88837c91b57823afaa07f7d.png

hands odds on the flop 83% vs 7%

https://i.gyazo.com/2d359fe0224ed871dafadf0fd801d82d.png

hands odds on the turn 70% vs 23%

https://i.gyazo.com/eed5810429444b164f0d3cf04559ae67.png

odds on the flop vs possible AcAh 69% vs 31%

https://i.gyazo.com/def7955c27b9ea4416369d9d21da3b65.png

odds on the flop vs possible QQ 66% vs 33 %

https://i.gyazo.com/bd7eadccf8adde223650ba8b02c65d0e.png
odds on the flop vs possible low flush 29% vs 71 %

https://i.gyazo.com/6b6ff11907b503ffe3f347c5b5378fc4.png
]odds on the flop vs possible nut flush 4% vs 96%

https://i.gyazo.com/69cdfcfc03448f9976433c7a8f13a003.png
dds on the flop vs possible AcQd 69% vs 31%

https://i.gyazo.com/a1b8b7b6d927a0933b045d61d8da03be.png
odds on the flop vs possible A not club Q 97% vs 3%

https://i.gyazo.com/3389e8fde0e6c2f89f827694b2e2a883.png
against AcJc or KcJc ofcourse I have 0 odds :)

How would you have played this hand ??
Thank you for your answers :)

edit : I tried to fix the links , but I can't , don't know why , if you are interested on the odds copy paste the links :)

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am never getting away from this situation with your stack size. So if he did in fact flop a flush, then this is just a cooler, and you should go broke 100% of the time, unless you managed to outdraw him. That being said I am not sure, I prefer to play your hand this fast. Check-raising the flop is fine, but you dont have to go all in, since there is still 2 more streets of betting to come. So maybe even just mini-raise, bet turn, jam river and go broke that way :D

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is one of those boards that are dealt to eliminate one or more players. There's no way you are folding at any point here. Villain should probably fold after your all in, but they are getting decent odds against your range and it's a $1.1 MTT.. so you can see how they might want to hang around. I think you missed value against most opponents by jamming the flop and should make value bets to keep the flush draws playing to the river.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I am shoving the hell out of that hand pre-flop!
I mean, its HJ min opening with the biggest stack of all the players remaining in the hand.
When I take into consideration that this is a micro stake MTT, shove is even clearer, as that HJ will have 97s in his range, and the SB will have A3o in his range. Against those weak ranges, and considering you are pretty short compared to others, it's a clear shove pre wanting to take it down :)

As for how the hand was played: nothing you should have done differently post flop. If your opponent had NFD he is calling, if he had a set or 2P he is calling, so shoving here is most optimal for getting max value.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, this is a perfectly fine spot to just call closing action and getting like 6:1 pot odds. If we were shallower, I would be on board with shipping it all in, but 26BB is to much to risk to pick up a relatively small pot like this.

Also the fact, its a 1,1$ buyin, make me like a shove even less. Sure their ranges are probably to wide, but the problem is, many people at these stakes just cant fold and especially not, when then have a big stack. So what happen a lot here is, we jam KJo as a bluff, someone get stubborn with 22 or A3o, we brick, and we are out of the tournament.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, this is a perfectly fine spot to just call closing action and getting like 6:1 pot odds. If we were shallower, I would be on board with shipping it all in, but 26BB is to much to risk to pick up a relatively small pot like this.

Also the fact, its a 1,1$ buyin, make me like a shove even less. Sure their ranges are probably to wide, but the problem is, many people at these stakes just cant fold and especially not, when then have a big stack. So what happen a lot here is, we jam KJo as a bluff, someone get stubborn with 22 or A3o, we brick, and we are out of the tournament.

That thinking probably doesn't get us anywhere near the big prizes and final tables.
You want to go all in here, knowing that their range is super wide. I mean JTo? and SB who called to see the flop then folded had to have some weird AX hand or worse.
It's not about the particular hands they could have, like pin-pointed hands, it's about their overall range, and KJ beats it.
Find yourself in this spot 1000 times, shove every time and it is +EV. That's what online poker is about!

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did not provide information on ICM, this complicates the answer to the question. If the prize zone is far away, then considering your stack size it is a all in. In addition, you have a Clubs king who is a small blocker and gives a small chance for a nuts flush.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That thinking probably doesn't get us anywhere near the big prizes and final tables.
You want to go all in here, knowing that their range is super wide. I mean JTo? and SB who called to see the flop then folded had to have some weird AX hand or worse.
It's not about the particular hands they could have, like pin-pointed hands, it's about their overall range, and KJ beats it.

Find yourself in this spot 1000 times, shove every time and it is +EV. That's what online poker is about!

Jamming KJo this deep is a massively losing play long term, and especially against someone, who will call to wide. It does not matter, how we do against the entire range, they opened, it only matter, how often they fold, and how we are doing against the range, they give action with.

And they are not calling with JTo. So when they have that hand, we win a tiny little amount of chips, but when they have AK, AJ or KQ, we get our hole stack in way behind. But anyway lets just end it here. If you want to jam KJo, go ahead, its your chips :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Thank you all for your answers :) I forgot to add we were still far away from the bubble/ITM .

Bozovic's proposition is revolutionary for my way of thinking/acting at the real money tournaments , but maybe that's why I get blinded out or give up many pots to position/bluffing or busted by trap hands/flops like this :) But still , it's way difficult for me to act like this as I play very tight in real money tournaments , even small buy ins , maybe in the future when I learn more it will be possible to play more aggressively ???:confused: :)
Until then , yes , maybe I agree , just call and see at the turn and then act accordingly , maybe this would be a better decision :) :cool: :top:

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for your answers :) I forgot to add we were still far away from the bubble/ITM .

Bozovic's proposition is revolutionary for my way of thinking/acting at the real money tournaments , but maybe that's why I get blinded out or give up many pots to position/bluffing or busted by trap hands/flops like this :) But still , it's way difficult for me to act like this as I play very tight in real money tournaments , even small buy ins , maybe in the future when I learn more it will be possible to play more aggressively ???:confused: :)
Until then , yes , maybe I agree , just call and see at the turn and then act accordingly , maybe this would be a better decision :) :cool: :top:

I wouldn't say revolutionary in any way. You are quite short-stacked considering the other stacks at the table, and if this is live, then blind levels are probably about 20mins which is quite fast for live games and blinds would definitely catch up with you in no time.

My real suggestion here is to watch some poker streamers on youtube, who are re-raise shoving from the blinds against LP opening quite often and with a range that is wider then KJo. You would be surprised to see hands like A3s, K9s, QJo and other hands.

Even your image is in your favour! Being tight as you say you are, people would probably not even put you on KJo but a tighter range of hands. In your spot I would shove there even wider then KJ :)

Jamming KJo this deep is a massively losing play long term, and especially against someone, who will call to wide. It does not matter, how we do against the entire range, they opened, it only matter, how often they fold, and how we are doing against the range, they give action with.

And they are not calling with JTo. So when they have that hand, we win a tiny little amount of chips, but when they have AK, AJ or KQ, we get our hole stack in way behind. But anyway lets just end it here. If you want to jam KJo, go ahead, its your chips :)

You can never say such definitive things like "this is a massively losing play" as you don't really know the numbers and the way you sound, you also probably don't know about opening ranges from different spots, especially if we take into consideration the stack sizes! Most live players still don't have real theoretical knowledge of the game, so their ranges will be wider then the charts you might find online.

As I said above, watch some poker streamers, and see what is the range of hands they re-raise shove with, from the blinds. Personally, if hero shoves pre-flop he wins those 6bbs and they are very well worth it because of the blinds structure in live tournaments which are turbo - oriented.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unreal. I tried to give them as much of a logical advantage as I could think of, but you were still ahead in equity by a 2:1 margin. My first impulse was to fold, but as I went over their likely hands I could not get away from them having less equity. They played it exactly like they hit the flush, which is why I would have folded, but there is plenty of reason to call. Huge suck out for you...

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A straight plus backdoor flush or even a straightflash, a relatively short stack, I think is quite enough for all-in !!!

Full Flush Poker