Pot: 5690

Turn: :9s4:

Hero: bets: 3850
villain: bets: calls

Pot: 13390

River: :7d4:

Hero value bets: 5500
Villain shoves

I get faced with these kind of decisions all the time and want to know what my friends at Cards Chat think. Will post out come later.:)

P

peddy.jr.85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have the nuts. This has to be a troll

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mid tournament

blinds 150/300/10

Villain button: 18625
SB:
BB:
UTG:
UTG +1:
M
Hero: 15850
HJ:
CO:

villain has been highly loose aggressive playing in many pots

Hero: :qs4: , :kc4:

folds to Hero

Hero bets: 825

folds to villain: calls

Pot: 2190

Flop: :7c4: , :10s4: , :jd4:

Hero: Checks

villain bet: 1750

Hero calls:

Pot: 5690

Turn: :9s4:

Hero: bets: 3850
villain: bets: calls

Pot: 13390

River: :7d4:

Hero value bets: 5500
Villain shoves

I get faced with these kind of decisions all the time and want to know what my friends at Cards Chat think. Will post out come later.:)

Given your roughly 50BB stack, I think that opening to $825 is a little large. Typically in that spot, I'll go 2.5x. However, if you think going larger for value is going to work from a LAG-y button, then by all means - if that were the case though, why not a full 3x? Or even 4x?

Why do we not C-bet this flop? I hate the check/call, especially against a LAG range. I think a C-bet is perfectly acceptable there - the LAG is probably not an active 3-bettor and our range certainly has hands that connect with that board. His range does as well, but his range has many more combos, obviously.

As played, his 2/3 pot bet does not give you the correct odds to call for a broadway draw. Even if you want to put him on a very specific made jack made 10 range and count your over cards for outs, we're pushing the line of profitability pretty hard. So, I'd fold as played.

I really don't like betting the turn bet once you made your hand - it basically turns your hand face up. On the upside, your opponent didn't seem to notice how obvious your range is. Why are we betting? For value? What worse hands call you? As played, I vastly prefer check/call or check/raise on turn.

Same goes for river, what worse hands call? I'd simply go for the check/call. As played, I think this is a call - if he has a boat, GG. But based on the LAG read, there are scores of combos you still beat.

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Results of showdown

villain had: :js4: , :7h4: :(