$1.10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Is my bet sizing correct?

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 21/12/1,7

Hi all

I just got f in the back again, so was wondering pre flop Should i make it bigger when the table is loose in the middle stages of tourney?? Table was playing 22/12

Also, Could you please let me know the bet sizing you would use pre, flop, turn??

Did i play this okay??Can i really fold the river?

Thanks in advance!!!

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 60 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB (t28,081)
BB (t40,985)
UTG (t16,540)
UTG+1 (t16,668)
MP1 (t11,839)
MP2 (t64,386)
MP3 (t55,354)
CO (t22,258)
Button (t7,188)

CO's M: 15.46

Preflop:
5 folds, CO raises to t1,355, Button calls t1,355, 1 fold, BB calls t755

Flop: (t4,905) 8
heart.gif
, 7
club.gif
, Q
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, CO bets t2,843, 1 fold, BB calls t2,843

Turn: (t10,591) 3
club.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, CO bets t4,888, BB raises to t9,776, CO calls t4,888

River: (t30,143) 5
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t15,071, CO calls t8,224 (All-In)

Total pot: t46,591

Results below:
BB had 3
diamond.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(two pair, Queens and threes).
CO had Q
club.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Outcome: BB won t46,591

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop raise more closer to full pot,but looking at the villain stack I would prefer just to shove on the flop.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your sizing on all streets is fine, just get it in on the turn as you are pot committed once you call.

Joe777 - We are 3ways on this flop and 35bb effective deep, 4x pot shoving does not make sense and we lose value by doing so.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your sizing on all streets is fine, just get it in on the turn as you are pot committed once you call.

Joe777 - We are 3ways on this flop and 35bb effective deep, 4x pot shoving does not make sense and we lose value by doing so.

Even though the villain stat are not too fishy,we are still not trapping with a set for more value or to induce a showdown,plus we need to take into account his stack size.Therefore by raising more we will isolate top pair with weak kicker and might prevent a showdown on a latter street against an unknown,and probably cost we the tournament.,

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its hard to tell because i had to look at your results to see what your cards were...

your sizing is totally fine, but i dont know if I would bet 3 streets with that stack depth with tptk... villain isnt going to follow you in with anything worse than top pair and if he does call all in, then there are enough hands that beat you that i think a check on the river is probably okay... anyone got a second opinion about a check on the river?

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its hard to tell because i had to look at your results to see what your cards were...

your sizing is totally fine, but i dont know if I would bet 3 streets with that stack depth with tptk... villain isnt going to follow you in with anything worse than top pair and if he does call all in, then there are enough hands that beat you that i think a check on the river is probably okay... anyone got a second opinion about a check on the river?

His opponent led out on the river out of position and he did not have the option to check the river.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh hahah, youre right, i missread the action on that street..

....and somehow missed the check raise on the turn....

i think in that case you can probably find a fold there maybe on the turn, or the river... but the preflop raise, the bet on the flop, and the bet on the turn are perfectly fine

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh hahah, youre right, i missread the action on that street..

....and somehow missed the check raise on the turn....

i think in that case you can probably find a fold there maybe on the turn, or the river... but the preflop raise, the bet on the flop, and the bet on the turn are perfectly fine

OP shouldn't fold on the river because he had already committed more than 50% of his chip.Even on the turn OP had almost committed to the pot once he made the raise.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP shouldn't fold on the river because he had already committed more than 50% of his chip.Even on the turn OP had almost committed to the pot once he made the raise.
Being pot committed is a balogna argument for calling in my opinion. If youre going to lose the hand anyway, doesn't it make more sense to lose for less than to throw more money at your loss?

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being pot committed is a balogna argument for calling in my opinion. If youre going to lose the hand anyway, doesn't it make more sense to lose for less than to throw more money at your loss?

Folding against the 'unknown' after investing 63 % of your stack on a pot and left with only 7k stack(11 bb) is not actually a wise decision.OP had made a critical mistake on the flop and cost him the tournament,but he knows he had to make the call on the river once committed to the pot.

Last edited: