$1.10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: 99 facing 30 bb 3bet reshove vs unknown

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was a bounty game (.20 rewarded at the time for knocking a player out). The player was at table for 3 hands only and didn't play nothing for those 3 hands.

So when you have 99 and they 3bet Re-Jam A.I pre for near 50% of stack, do we still call It off? Can't we take the conservative route and fold?

I'd like to hear arguments/thoughts on this and what you would do In this situation?

Party No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds (9 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t78,525)
Hero (MP3) (t78,710)
CO (t30,387)
Button (t30,100)
UTG+1 (t35,350)
UTG (t30,050)
SB (t31,000)
MP2 (t29,375)
MP1 (t71,350)

Hero's M: 52.47

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif

3 folds, MP2 calls t1,000, Hero raises t2,575, 1 fold, Button raises t30,000, 3 folds, Hero?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems opponent is up to something on such a ridiculous 3 bet, BUT if we have no info on him it would be better to protect our stack as there is plenty of poker to be played. Trying to range him from nothing, this bet reeks of Ax to JJ. Even at AT - AK we are flipping and at his point I would rather keep my 75BB than risk almost half of that to get just over 100BB. I can do that over the next few orbits and at the same time collect some data.
I'd fold with the notion of keeping an eye on this screwball so I'm ready to stack him off later.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems opponent is up to something on such a ridiculous 3 bet, BUT if we have no info on him it would be better to protect our stack as there is plenty of poker to be played. Trying to range him from nothing, this bet reeks of Ax to JJ. Even at AT - AK we are flipping and at his point I would rather keep my 75BB than risk almost half of that to get just over 100BB. I can do that over the next few orbits and at the same time collect some data.
I'd fold with the notion of keeping an eye on this screwball so I'm ready to stack him off later.

I kept running the shove over and over. Wondering exactly what It could mean, as that over bet shove 3bet line made no sense.

So I figured It's one of 4 possible situations,

A) Value 3bet reshove, "making It look weak". Which Is possible with hands like JJ+ Yet It only needs to be pairs like JJ+ and not hands such as AK/AQ/.

B) AKs/AQs/AKo/AQo, not wanting to play a pot and/or GII pre to be able to see all 5 cards, Possible correct?

C) Which Is also less likely but could happen 88<, yet I don't understand why even 88<would 3bet reshove for 30 bigs (So It's the weakest of the 4 theories ) I can come up with.

The last theory, Is that this player Is a "Nut Case" and Is doing this to double up quickly, yet for this theory to have any proof (As you stated) " keeping an eye on this screwball"
I would need sufficient proof , which I clearly didn't have at the time.

Thank you and am looking for feed back from other players on If my "Rational" Is some-what flawed or accurate.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gross spot.

For starters, I would iso-raise larger preflop here. 2.5x over a limp is too small. The limper is most likely calling anyway and we want to price out the players behind, so a 3x-4x iso raise works best here.

My first reaction is to fold since he ripped 30bb over a limp and iso raise which usually isn't going to be too spazzy. However it's unlikely villain shows up with KK+ here.

The $0.20 bounty adds 6k chips to the pot (assuming this tourney has a 30k starting stack).

Therefore we are calling 27,425 into 30k+1k+900+1.5k+2,575 plus 6k for the bounty.

27,425/69,400 = ~39.5% equity needed to call.

If we give our opponent a spaz range here of TT-QQ and AQ+, we have 41.6% equity and it's a slightly +EV call, because of the bounty.