$1.10 NLHE MTT Bounty: TT 42 bigs 4bet jam: mistake ?

P

PepeTurtle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I have TT with 42 bigs in a bounty tourney and I know villain would do the same 3bet with AQs/AK and 9's. I thought this as a good spot to get everything in and double, still lots to ITM.

Someone doing different ? Call preflop and evaluate ? (I thought calling pre was kind mehh)

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/8625531

Best Regards

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm ok with flatting in position and reevaluating on flop. If we were going to be OOP I would be more inclined to jam

M

madi10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
42bb are too many for this move.
Generally i would fold here. But with your information you can call and see how flop goes or 4bet
Either way you can easily fold and still have at least 20bb
There is no reason ever to risk 42bb

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you have a big bounty?
If yes then villain maybe was hunting your bounty ,and sometime 4bet shove is the correct move(don't forget that you open from UTG+2 and villain 3bet you from small blind witch indicates strength).
If you didn't have a big bounty then villain was looking for your stack, so flat(evaluate some flops)/fold has to be the correct move here.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think this is a mistake. Villian would also 3 bet worse hands given your stack. I would jam most of the time here if I know villian doesn’t only 3bet with monsters.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the SB generally has the loosest 3b range (will often have a raise/fold range with no flatting hands) but still if you rip 42bb you're only getting called by hands that crush you or you're flipping with. OK, maybe he does this sometimes with 99 but then that's more than cancelled out by the times he has JJ+.

I would just flat IP and take a flop. On that flop/turn I'm basically never getting away so the result is the same but I think TT plays better that way.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the SB generally has the loosest 3b range (will often have a raise/fold range with no flatting hands) but still if you rip 42bb you're only getting called by hands that crush you or you're flipping with. OK, maybe he does this sometimes with 99 but then that's more than cancelled out by the times he has JJ+.

I would just flat IP and take a flop. On that flop/turn I'm basically never getting away so the result is the same but I think TT plays better that way.

In full agreement with this

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to try my best to avoid preflop allins. With pocket tens and someone pushin on me, since you had 40 sum bigs, depending on what you were in for, i would have made the fold if it was a small pot. 10bigs or less usually.

U

uavissar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flat in position. unless you have specific stats on this player (and "know" he is crazy) I see no reason to shove here. Most cases you will be called by better hands and best case you flip.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 42bb in position I flat this and see a flop. Then I would lose it all anyhow on that flop.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Your stack here is M28, nonturbo and I never play when big stack here AI preflop. I play only call his 3bet and evaluate. Here you control flop with position. The further game depends on his style of the game and statistics.

B

brebs9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its a pretty easy call and reevaluate on turn. x/call turn and river to try to get the AK so stack off and to allow you to save some chips if he does end up with JJ+.

P

PepeTurtle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much liked all the answers and I think everybody is right at some point. But If I have called pre and villain like bombs the flop I was not getting away I think. As I said, lots yet to ITM, I had collected two bounties and was 1/2 freerolling so I took a chance.

Thanks all, best regards.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Call preflop, Op you are wrong, SB never should 3-bet 99 here, he should call them. And I also disagree with other, you can fold 99 on the turn, you don't need to keep calling, because you lose to all bigger overpairs.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should only flat pre-flop in this spot.
Sure, most villains tend to 3-bet in SB but more so when facing a potential blind steal.
The fact that villain 3-bets OOP against MP raiser should have put up some red flags as you were not in a steal position.
Had you been in hi-jack/cut-off/button, then a push on his 3-bet is warranted.