$1.10 NLHE MTT Bounty: $1,10 NLHE MTT Bounty: Should I go AllIn to protect JJ

bhuelse

bhuelse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hiho,

I just quit a BountyBuilder tournament with the following hand. I was relative deep. I quit as ~250 from 6000.

Villian against I lost, plays relativ loose with his big stack. I got JJ and I just raised 3,x BB.
Should it be better to go AllIn preflop to protect the hand?
https://www.boomplayer.com/30493636_2F38E7E6DF

In the end I want to present a flush, but didn't work ;)

greets
Bhuelse

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i finish same, with TT , ;) push from button, AK calls, flush on riv...:eek:

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in deep , you have 30bb, u play good, but some players like that call with small conectors, and you see, im sure u protect chips with all in <;)

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hiho,

I just quit a BountyBuilder tournament with the following hand. I was relative deep. I quit as ~250 from 6000.

Villian against I lost, plays relativ loose with his big stack. I got JJ and I just raised 3,x BB.
Should it be better to go AllIn preflop to protect the hand?
https://www.boomplayer.com/30493636_2F38E7E6DF

In the end I want to present a flush, but didn't work ;)

greets
Bhuelse

I don't think most are buying a backdoor made flush, particularly if they are loose because of their stack. Honestly, my first thought when I saw the flop call was: Would they call with 89?
When that 5 hit, I would have been done with the hand if they bet the turn.
Maybe your flop bet could have been bigger, but in this particular situation I don't think a loose player leaves an OESD when a person in early position raises and there is a K on the board. The implied odds are huge, as you unfortunately found out. The J of the river was a cruel card, but I think when the 5 hits you should have slowed down.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have shortest stack and your M=10 and if you just bet preflop you will see overcards sometimes and it will hard to play so i prefer push pre

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it fine. No need to rep flush on river, you made a set so you should be value-shoving.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
problem is your stack size. you have 30 bb. If you shove and get called you run into AK suited or better QQ KK AA. any other hands your favorite. Problem is caller is going to see all 5 cards. Even if caller is behind you stack.o you want to take 57 to 43 flip for you. QQ or better it is a cooler. now your a 4 to 1 dog

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think open jamming JJ with 33 BB is a good idea. In this scenario you would get the 89 to fold but you would be losing value in the long run against those that normally would call with Ax and you wind up beating. Your pre flop sizing is a bit large in my opinion not that it mattered in this hand but with 30 or BB I would be raising to 2.5BB or smaller.

Flop bet is good idea and good sizing. Not sure in that spot the call means anything as it is villain dependent on whether they are a floater or not. Turn bet is also good with good sizing but once they call I would put them heavily on Kx. The river gives the set which I would jam as played like you did and weird hand that villain shows up with 98 for the straight. That is a bad call on their part given effective stacks and they just get lucky that not only do they hit but you hit a big hand yourself. Don't think you played this badly at all especially post flop.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A typical mistake! You see the development of your hand and do not notice that the river is getting too wide. Preflop raise 3.5 BB is the norm, raise after the flop is logical for checking the king. The villain is not created and this is the first call. After the card on the turn, this is a bell ringing! Further it was no longer worth investing in this hand. Jack on the river is already a mockery from the pokerstars.