$1.10 NLHE MTT: bluffing flush board..

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What your intention to raise PF? Fishes pretty never fold. You are OOP and your hand not so strong. I would just call with good chances to bank.
There no question how much to bet to bluff. Would they belive your bluff.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Either complete or raise enough to put the first limper all in. I kind of lean towards just completing with this particular hand. It plays well enough multiway, and its not really a raise for value.

Flop
You could bet out as a semibluff, since you flopped an OESD. But the board is already monotone, so your draw is not to the nuts, and the pot is multiway, which mean, you probably dont get it through often enough. So like preflop I lean towards taking the passive approach and just check.

Turn + river
You turned a straight, but now there is a 1-liner to a flush, and on the river the board is even parired as well. So your hand is not strong enough to bet for value, but its strong enough to check for showdown value. And you did in fact end up winning half the pot, which is a completely fine result in a spot like this.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What your intention to raise PF? Fishes pretty never fold. You are OOP and your hand not so strong. I would just call with good chances to bank.
There no question how much to bet to bluff. Would they belive your bluff.

thank you so much...

Preflop
Either complete or raise enough to put the first limper all in. I kind of lean towards just completing with this particular hand. It plays well enough multiway, and its not really a raise for value.

Flop
You could bet out as a semibluff, since you flopped an OESD. But the board is already monotone, so your draw is not to the nuts, and the pot is multiway, which mean, you probably dont get it through often enough. So like preflop I lean towards taking the passive approach and just check.

Turn + river
You turned a straight, but now there is a 1-liner to a flush, and on the river the board is even parired as well. So your hand is not strong enough to bet for value, but its strong enough to check for showdown value. And you did in fact end up winning half the pot, which is a completely fine result in a spot like this.

that's cool advice
Thank you so much..

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Pre flop I prefer only call 0,5 bb and play this hand passively, because we are OOP. On that flop I play check and I want to see cheaply turn card. On the turn I play like hero, I check. When I see that opponents play check on the turn, I suppose that they haven't a flush or somebody has weak flush. In situation with two opponents and OOP I usually don't bluff, but versus one opponent I play bet on the river for 50% of the pot. So on the river I prefer playing check versus two players. As played - If you want play isolation, on stack for 40bb I prefer isolation more, at least 4-5x.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played it very weak,, how much should i bet to bluff on this spot???

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724wXXbJY[/QUO

Thank you for the post. I usually shut down when the flop comes suited as this is. I don't have a problem with your play. The only problem I see with a bluff here or a bet in general is you are usually only getting call with the nuts and it's like throwing chips in the garbage. That is my opinion but I like your play. Good luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not personally raise this preflop to iso. We are OOP the entire hand and KJ is still fairly marginal - plus we do need to keep some strong flats/checks in our range to balance us out so this will be at the top range of my strongest sb calls and BB checks.

Once the flop comes out I am NEVER cbetting this board whatsoever, its incredibly wet and we have a straight draw that may be good for us here so I tend to check/call and try to realize my equity in this hand. Turn is the worst Ace in the deck for us - we essentially have a bluff catcher now, I'm just looking to get to showdown as cheaply as possible and folding to any half pot+ river bets.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not trying to be a jerk although I might come off like one, the pre flop raise is very bad because of its sizing. I see this with many players who min re-raise OOP and it makes little sense. All players in position will call and all you have done is bloat the pot and you have to play it out of position. I would not raise in this spot but if you want to, raise it large to cut down on implied odds. Raises from OOP need to be at least 4x in my opinion.

As far as bluffing on the river goes. I think in this particular spot you shouldn't because you have some value and if anyone has a diamond above a 5 they are calling anyway. If you were going to bluff in my opinion (others will not necessarily agree with this) you should go small. It looks nuttier and also like I said, if they have any diamond above a 5 they are calling. You really would be bluffing just to get those small diamonds to fold which is such a small part of their range it just isn't worth it. Save the kind of bluff that you were thinking about for situations like this but when you are only going against one opponent and not multiple opponents.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with the above. As small blind, you need to raise big (at least 4xBB). You are out of position the rest of the hand, so your best time to win a two limp hand is before the flop.

Had you been the button, a modest bet (to represent a value bet) on the turn would have been fine.

Full Flush Poker