$1.10 NLHE MTT: AKo vs villain donk

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must tell you that by the way events developed preflop, AK is not a sufficient hand to risk all of his stack. The villain did not count on the call, he was lucky that the bluff turned out to be super successful.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's fine. we are not folding AK to a 16bb shove. you don't have to rejam it preflop, you could just call preflop (but then if Mr. J7 jams it's a weird spot....I'm honestly probably still calling so it might just be better to jam it yourself)

I play AK pretty fast and hard preflop in tourneys. not always for 70bb effective....but that's sorta how this one developed.

As you can see....when you got their cards on their backs you put in a ton of money with the best of it.

the J7s guy will be a losing player until he fixes these kinds of leaks.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You`ve got big pot on the preflop. You cant fold, because its very good hand for preflop. But you cant call too, because villain with J7 take a good chance to call too. You had a very good equity, but had not much luck)))))

O

oreleo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do the same. I think the most case we'll be ahead but it's looks funny. I think it is good move. I don't know really, is it ?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, the movement was the correct one the problem was that the villain played really bad but he was lucky, these are the occasions where there was nothing to do simply he is a very bad player with very good luck

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s pretty standard, you didn’t make any mistake. In that spot fold is unacceptable , and reshow is the right play

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in such situations, too.
Try to think globally:
you spent time, effort, building a stack.
And now so easily broke up with him.
Utg + 2 shoves 16bb across the table, in the open raise utg what does he have? TT + AQ + if it is loose. I agree with missjacki needs to call, and if utg + 1 shoves , then we must fold. The higher your stack, the more you should appreciate and protect it))

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at this hand I made in Big 1,10. After building a healthy stack, that hand made me leave the tournament. I already had information from the villain.Villain with VPIP 78.3.He was calling with several hands without any equity. Was the shove pre flop correct?https://www.boomplayer.com/en/29926948_0DCB18B40E
I believe you know you played it correctly but just wanted reassurance.
You played it fine and if you have played enough micro tourneys, you know those types of players are the ones giving up their chips to you more often than they take.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that's kinda gross but I really don't see any other way to play it. You were just very unlucky here. GG wp