my hand A heart A clover

middle position 3 (Stack 3040) limp 20
button limp (Stack 3050) 20 to
i race 120 and bb fold
middle position3 and button call me

pot 380

flop
6 heart J heart and as diamonds

is my turn and i think that the best option for me is check because yea the flop have a project colour but i dont need make a bet protect because is a multi pot and my opponents can make this, well i hope that theys bet..

i make check and mp3 bet pot size 380
button make call 380
and i call to

pot 1520 my stack 980 mp3 2540 and btn 2550

Turn k heart

in this moment mp3 it does not worry me, because when he raise in flop like this can have jx or ax, the only thing that worries me is btn but i have a heart and this block the posibility that they have colour to

mp3 raise to 1520 button make all in 2550 and i call 980
mp3 show me 9-j off and button j-k off
river king of diamond

i wind pot 4460

but now my question

At the early stage of the tournament, when I open with hands like this, I tend to consider that since it is easy to call when being so deep, the ranges of my opponents can be more open, so my reasoning may be wrong to stipulate which hands they have, any advice for Fix this? because if that were the case maybe my set was behind on the turn.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To answer your last question it would depend on what stakes you normally play. In this instance where you are in a $1 tournament you care correct to an extent that many players will have a wider calling range even when they limp in before your raise. However, do not go overboard with this concept. A raise of 6x like the one you made will still get opponents junk to fold. Most of the time in these cases their range will be pocket pairs, Ax (especially Ax suited), broadway cards and suited or unsuited connectors. That is a fairly wide range yes but don't expect them to be calling with 106 off or hands like that. So in short yes their range is not necessarily premium but it won't be total crap either.

As far as how the hand is played I would change a few things or at least think about some of the actions you took. I think you can lead out on the flop as you were the raiser and you had a strong hand. Yes you might be worried about folds but if these players called a raise they might also peel a card as well and that leads to more value for you. Secondly, you wait for them to bet after you check and they oblige so why then are we only calling behind, especially when they pot sized bet? Here we max our value by raising since if they made a pot sized bet then they should be rarely folding to a raise after making the bet.

On the turn I think in this spot it doesn't matter since you are committed based on SPR (stack to pot ratio) and the relative strength of your hand but just know for the future that you will run into the flush a lot here. That is another reason why it is best to raise the flop when they do bet into and you are so strong. Even though it was a pot sized bet and that is already bad odds for the villains to draw to a flush that bet got called by the second villain as well. This is increases the odds that someone has a flush draw and you want to extract max value from those opponents. Again, that does not matter for this specific hand but it will in instances in the future when you are deeper on the flop.

J

juan vega

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is true, you are right, thank you

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest you are overthinking this quite a bit. You are playing a 1$ tournament against two fish, who limped into the pot, and this kind of situation is all about value, value, value. Dont waste your time trying to figure out, what their range is, because they dont even know that themselfes, and they are only their to have some fun.

Preflop
Looks really sharp to me

Flop
Just make a standard C-bet for value, or if you want to get tricky then check-raise and given their sizing it would be all in.

Turn
Should never have happened like this, but given the situation you have to check-call and just pray, nobody has a flush, or that you fill up on the river. Your hand is no longer the nuts, but its to good to fold.