$1.10 NLHE MTT: $1,10 NLHE MTT: $1,10 NLHE MTT: Get Away from Top pair Top Kicker?

A

AlphaBetheGamov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.10 NLHE MTT: $1,10 NLHE MTT: $1,10 NLHE MTT: Get Away from Top pair Top Kicker?

Hi everyone,
I just bubbled a tourney on the following hand and am not really sure, if I could have played it better. SB 400 BB 800 Ante 65
I have 37000 in chips. Big Blind has 50403 in chips.

Dealt to Hero [Ks Ad]
LordLuke13: folds
Watcorg: folds
Edyardiny: folds
Hero: raises 1200 to 2000
WallyssonSil: folds
nailiu: folds
ditzer 51: folds
Davental: raises 3600 to 5600
Hero: calls 3600
*** FLOP *** [2h Kd 4h]
Davental: bets 12120
Hero: raises 19281 to 31401 and is all-in
Davental: calls 19281
*** TURN *** [2h Kd 4h] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [2h Kd 4h Td] 2♣
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Davental: shows [Ah Ac] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
Hero: shows [Ks Ad] (two pair, Kings and Deuces)
Davental collected 74922 from pot

I only call the 3-bet, instead of 4-betting, because it is mysteriously small so I am already kind of expecting my opponent to have a very strong hand. In principle he can be 3-bet bluffing some suited (connectors?) from the BB as well I think, which if they are hearts have quite some equity on the flop. Now I hit the flop really well and I don't think he has many sets in his range. The Aces are of course an option, maybe Queens or Jacks as well? and definately AK and AQ/AJ/A10 of hearts I would say are all options. Especially the last 3 I want him to pay a price to see the final two cards, thats why I reraise the flop. The alternative I think is to fold, calling doesn't make much sense to me, but can I really fold on this flop what do you think?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given that we only have about 45bb, I'd still be looking to get it in pre pretty often. That being said, I don't hate flatting.

As played, the flop bet is annoying because it's SO big. It just looks so much like he's trying to protect against the draws. However, we chop with AK sometimes, he may have flush draws himself, and ultimately our hand is just too strong to do anything but get it in I think. Nice hand overall.

A

AlphaBetheGamov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, this lines up pretty well with my thoughts. I just got into these spots a few times lately and lost overall more by calling. So I wanted a second opinion that I am actually playing sound poker and not miss anything. Thanks a lot.