$1.1 NLHE MTT Bounty: 1.1 bounty

vskots150

vskots150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524D5FmYv

Hi friends! I haven’t written for a long time, because I haven’t played seriously for a long time, I’ve been leaving to take on an epidemic period. Recently I caught a not so bad loose straight, since it leaked a lot of games, I do not deny that there are my mistakes, but something very often the percent chance of a bank ceases to justify itself. In general, what you put up as a plus for money is for some reason not enough, since I was leaking about 100 buy ins on my game. I wanted to share my grief) Here, in principle, a typical distribution. Another similar situation was with a couple of ladies when a person reached a street.

I believe that it was correctly set, but ps has other kinds of it. In general, I noticed a trend that the game is more than disciplined. Yes, perhaps an important role in the moment of distribution of money plays. That should bring you more money at the moment. I think I'm just no longer surprised at anything

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much to analyse in this hand. A "fun" player donked off his stack with second pair and hit a miracle runout. It is, what it is. As for your own actions KJo UTG is a bit of a loose open, but if there was fish in the blinds (as was apparently the case) and no aggressive 3-betters behind, it can be ok. As for your results being down 100BI is normal and expected, if you play these huge field MTTs on Stars. This is why, most people today will say, that you need at least 300BI bankroll for that sort of games. If you want lower variance, you can play the 45 man SnGs instead. They also have a lower rake.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not a lot of analysis to give to this hand post flop as you get catch top two pair and get jammed into. This is a call every time as you made and just bad luck the run out was not good. However, I think the pre flop action needs to be discussed. KJ off UTG is right at the inflection point of opening vs non opening. It should be a hand that should be opened if you feel you are better than most players at the table and if you are feeling overmatched vs the table you should be folding this UTG. Secondly, lets mention that the bet sizing is too large here. You have a stack of 31 BB so you should not be opening 3x here. I would say 2.5x max and really 2.25x would be a lot better. I should mention also that many stacks behind you at this table were shove stacks that had 10 BBs or less. Would you be calling if one of them shoved? You shouldnt be as their range would be beating your KJ pretty good. When this is the case where you have shove stacks behind and you are opening a hand that will not call a shove then you need to be opening much smaller so that you lose less when they do shove and you have to fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not a lot of analysis to give to this hand post flop as you get catch top two pair and get jammed into. This is a call every time as you made and just bad luck the run out was not good. However, I think the pre flop action needs to be discussed. KJ off UTG is right at the inflection point of opening vs non opening. It should be a hand that should be opened if you feel you are better than most players at the table and if you are feeling overmatched vs the table you should be folding this UTG. Secondly, lets mention that the bet sizing is too large here. You have a stack of 31 BB so you should not be opening 3x here. I would say 2.5x max and really 2.25x would be a lot better. I should mention also that many stacks behind you at this table were shove stacks that had 10 BBs or less. Would you be calling if one of them shoved? You shouldnt be as their range would be beating your KJ pretty good. When this is the case where you have shove stacks behind and you are opening a hand that will not call a shove then you need to be opening much smaller so that you lose less when they do shove and you have to fold.

Agree about the opening size. However mainly this hand should just be a fold especially with the 3 rejam stacks behind. Maybe people are so bad in a 1$ tournament, that they will just call off 25% of their stack rather than jam, and then maybe even fold to a C-bet, when they miss. But when you move up even slightly, opening to wide and then folding to 3-bets is a sure way to set chips on fire, especially if you also open to large.

Its very typical, that people tend to focus on hands like this, where the runout was bad. But in reality its not those hands, that hurt their long term results. Its all those little pots, where small mistakes preflop or on the flop lead to a slow bleeding of chips.

Its also very typical, that people want to play some fancy kind of LAG poker. But if you are struggling, its really better to nit up a bit and only get involved, when you have the goods. Its a thin line between being a LAG and a fish, and often people playing a lot of hands at low stakes like this will tend to fall more in the latter category.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing I would say is don't open KJo from UTG at a full table.

Other than that, you got all your chips in with by far the best hand and ran into a disgusting run out. Unlucky.

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this hand is not openraise from UTG with 20BB+-

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but is not big mistake. And you call him correct, this what happend is called VARIANCE.