$0.55 NLHE MTT Turbo: shoving 20 bbs as a semibluff on the flop vs a mini bet miss

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
well, if you have a read that villain min-bets with weak value hands, then it's ok. But beware, some players do same thing with sets. All in all, I don't like your shove, because you have enough equity to call and you have better hands for bluff.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah if they are ever folding shoving is great. :D

You're rarely in too bad of shape here with the gutter, two overcards, and back-door flush draw.

With about 20bb's another line at a table of players that like to isolate is to limp-shove pre-flop.

Good luck!

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you could have raised a bit more preflop, more like 3BB as a short stack trying to get iso rather than multi-handed going into the flop. As played the shove is a good move, it gives a ton of fold equity but you have plenty of ways to take down the hand if you get called by v. I think in this situation there is an argument for calling, especially if v is pulling this move pretty often as the big stack to try and steal some pots from what seems like a loose table with all the preflop calls but without stats it's hard to say for sure how likely this is the case.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this a lot. I think you’re shaking some hands off that have you beat, and you have outs if you get called.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like this line a lot. Flop is a bad spot to cbet mostly due to how many people are in the pot, so I like the check. Then the minbet is just so rarely something good. Sometimes it could be bottom set that plays it super weird, but that's rare and there's way more junk in there that we're either ahead of like gutters and OESDs or will probably just fold like say 44 - 99.