BTN - BTN (
T75,407)
SB - Hero (
T55,676)
BB - BB (
T33,857)

Preflop: (
T6,585, 9 players) Hero is SB with T♦ A♦
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to T5,475, UTG+2 calls T5,475, 4 folds, Hero calls T4,225, 1 fold

Flop:
K♠ 8♣ A♣ (T21,760, 3 players - UTG+1: T79,950, UTG+2: T43,138, Hero: T49,886)
Hero checks,
UTG+1 bets T9,455, 1 fold, Hero calls T9,455

Turn:
2♠ (T40,670, 2 players - UTG+1: T70,495, Hero: T40,431)
Hero checks,
UTG+1 bets T70,495 (all-in), 1 fold, Uncalled bet of T70,495 returned to UTG+1

Total Pot:
T40,670

UTG+1 wins T40,670

BB is 2500. No idea how to save myself money here. Is it push/fold pre, at 22BB? Not sure if I'd want to shove with A10s, but this clearly didn't work either.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove or fold pre, I like shoving.

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I was afraid you'd say that. You're a bolder man than me, but I guess I have to learn to put my big boy pants on in these types of spots and just pile it in. Thanks.

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not call a shove ATs with 22bb stack against a massive stack. Your call pre there is fine. With 22bb stack you should be calling a jam with JJ+, AKs, and maybe AKo.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I like folding with information given (effective aprox. 22BB no ante), since it turbo showing is possible thought, but not my first option, i do not believe stage like this has enought fold equity. imo

calling pre, is not an option, given position (hero SB). imo

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not call a shove ATs with 22bb stack against a massive stack. Your call pre there is fine. With 22bb stack you should be calling a jam with JJ+, AKs, and maybe AKo.

We aren't calling off a 22bb shove with ATs, we are potentially shoving ourselves. Flatting here is terrible with ATs, and in fact, OP flopped top pair and still had to fold the turn just because of how shitty a spot it is when we flat call here so shallow OOP.

I like folding with information given (effective aprox. 22BB no ante), since it turbo showing is possible thought, but not my first option, i do not believe stage like this has enought fold equity. imo

calling pre, is not an option, given position (hero SB). imo

There are antes in play. The pot preflop is 6585, not 3750. Folding here is certainly a fine play if the opener is on the tighter side and is only opening very strong hands from this position. We actually have more than enough fold equity in this spot to jam. Even if our opponent's have AQ, are they really going to be thrilled to call off a 22bb squeeze which looks extremely nutted?

AT is the bottom of our shoving range here with proper reads and ATo is potentially a fold while ATs is a shove.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There are antes in play. The pot preflop is 6585, not 3750. Folding here is certainly a fine play if the opener is on the tighter side and is only opening very strong hands from this position.We actually have more than enough fold equity in this spot to jam. Even if our opponent's have AQ, are they really going to be thrilled to call off a 22bb squeeze which looks extremely nutted?

Yep i misread the ante part.

Maybe you are right, but note that it is lowest MTT you could find. imo
I do not know how much in those stage (level) people really think about stuff like we do. Maybe they see QA hand like nuts and will stack off every time, i do not know.

Anyway there is two possible option given information shove or fold preflop. imo

Thanks for your answer.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like calling with A10s in SB there, shoving and folding make more sense. If you were in BB call would be fine.

16clumsyandshy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think folding to such an early position raise is alright, unless the player is opening very wide, then a shove is good. There are also so many short stacks left, we don't want to get involved in a hand where we have top pair not so great kicker.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In a moment your stack M8 is in push phase. I play shove with loose and call with tight. In this bord in river for me your fold is OK!

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will depend largely on villains opening range on UTG given these stack sizes. If villain is capable of opening a range like Axs, A7o+, KT+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, and 66+ (you have like 55% equity against this range), you have a clear cut shove from SB. It's actually the worst play ever to call the SB as you give a great price for the BB to join the action and play OOP against two opponents, and worse, open yourself to BB and you'll have to fold burning chips.

If your villain's UTG+1 is tight (~6-8% of the hands), clear fold. You are 32.7% against a range comprised of the 6.8% of the best hands.

I tend to believe the absolutely worst ace high people will have on microstakes to open UTG+1, until proven otherwise, is AJo. I also don't see people folding enough AJ, TT, 99, 88, 77, for this to be a profitable shove at 0.55 NLH.

I can see the merit of calling 2925 the BB on a 12k pot with the intention of check/jamming on flops that contains an ace at this stack size. But never SB.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold/Shove spot here. I probably fold in general vs unknowns as there are likely to be better spots that come along. The problem with calling is that you are likely to find yourself in exactly this situation. You flop a favourable hand but still have to fold. Really the only positive outcome you have when you flat is to flop 2P+/FD. I'd rather jam expecting AJ/worse and low PP to fold. You have considerable fold equity here IMO.

pokergo666

pokergo666

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre and find a better spot(villain is utg +1).

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop call is ok for you. You hit the ace and the turn was a nice card for you. You must be aware of AJ, AQ or AK, but I would put the guy here on a pair, something between TT, JJ, QQ or K with a flush draw. He knows that you are short compared to him and already committed heavy. After the flop you to are committed with 1/3.5 of your stack. Really tough decision. I would took a decision based on the info on the player that I gathered. If he is willing to engage and to be aggressive on previous situations. Also how far are you from the money?

Folding in Poker