$0.55 NLHE MTT:

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I really got discouraged with poker, there are situations that I can not explain. I would like an analysis, new table then no information from the viloes. i messed up post flop with check? i messed up with raise or size raise on the turn? i messed up with call or just bad luck?
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.55 Tournament, 70/140 Blinds 21 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Hero (BB) (t4,281)
UTG (t3,050)
UTG+1 (t9,736)
MP1 (t17,115)
MP2 (t4,372)
MP3 (t10,487)
CO (t10,030)
Button (t20,610)
SB (t14,169)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Hero's M: 10.73
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Preflop: Hero is BB with :Qd, :Ah
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t280, 4 folds, Button calls t280, SB calls t210, Hero calls t140
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Flop: (t1,309) :Jc, :Kd, :3c (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Turn: (t1,309) :Ts (4 players)
SB bets t1,309, Hero raises to t2,618, UTG+1 raises to t9,435 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero calls t1,362 (All-In)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
River: (t10,578) :Td (2 players, 2 all-in)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Total pot: t10,578
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Results below:
Hero had :Qd, :Ah (straight, Ace high).
UTG+1 had :Th, :Jh (full house, tens over Jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 won t10,578

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run, those kind of all-in will make you win tournaments. Don't ever be discouraged.

You made the right move and that's what you should remember. Not the results.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My opinion (for what it may be worth) is that you probably needed to be more aggressive preflop short-stacked (at the table at least) with AQ on the bb. Flatting an EP min raise after two other callers and going to the flop four-handed is going to make it more difficult for your AQ to win.

Sometimes the UTG+1 player will call whatever you do (once he hits two pair on the turn) believing he's good. Generally that works in our favour considering he's got, what? Only about 7.6% equity on the turn?

It's hard to advocate being aggressive on the flop against three opponents after the passive flat pre.

It's my hunch that if you 3-bet preflop (840 would be mine) you at least get one or two players to fold, increasing chances post flop, and sometimes even take the pot there and then.

Facing a 4-bet all in it's a judgement call based on the player & circumstances whether you think it's wise to continue with AQo.

If this luck box of a player with JTh is a calling station, sadly there's not really much you can do. Sometimes switching to check-call mode can save you some chips in a situation where you can't or don't want to fold.

That was a gross river my friend, don't let it get you down, you're doing the right thing by looking to analyse what's happened & if there are any ways to play it better next time... Got it in good though!

❤️

Last edited:
fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run, those kind of all-in will make you win tournaments. Don't ever be discouraged.

You made the right move and that's what you should remember. Not the results.

thanks for the comment. I will remember this.

My opinion (for what it may be worth) is that you probably needed to be more aggressive preflop short-stacked (at the table at least) with AQ on the bb. Flatting an EP min raise after two other callers and going to the flop four-handed is going to make it more difficult for your AQ to win.

Sometimes the UTG+1 player will call whatever you do (once he hits two pair on the turn) believing he's good. Generally that works in our favour considering he's got, what? Only about 7.6% equity on the turn?

It's hard to advocate being aggressive on the flop against three opponents after the passive flat pre.

It's my hunch that if you 3-bet preflop (840 would be mine) you at least get one or two players to fold, increasing chances post flop, and sometimes even take the pot there and then.

Facing a 4-bet all in it's a judgement call based on the player & circumstances whether you think it's wise to continue with AQo.

If this luck box of a player with JTh is a calling station, sadly there's not really much you can do. Sometimes switching to check-call mode can save you some chips in a situation where you can't or don't want to fold.

That was a gross river my friend, don't let it get you down, you're doing the right thing by looking to analyse what's happened & if there are any ways to play it better next time... Got it in good though!

❤️

Seeing your comment I think a 3-bet really would be a good option, but when UTG raised preflop I really thought of a tight range like JJ + AQs + and I did not want to get myself into a bad 4-bet situation. But thanks to the analysis, but the incredible poker is knocked me down and 1h later I was already playing again rsrsrs

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not be upset. Your opponent’s mistake gave him the opportunity to win a huge pot. Having a set after the flop, he slowed down the game, gave you a free card and let you collect a pretty strong hand. Breaking the big score at a great distance, he still lost. Good luck!:rock:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You just got very unlucky on the river and you should not worry about it. You got exactly what you wanted on the turn, a person going all in when you have the nuts. He had 4 out to beat you. Just remember for every time you lose a hand like this one you should win 19 of them.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
thanks for the comment. I will remember this.

Seeing your comment I think a 3-bet really would be a good option, but when UTG raised preflop I really thought of a tight range like JJ + AQs + and I did not want to get myself into a bad 4-bet situation. But thanks to the analysis, but the incredible poker is knocked me down and 1h later I was already playing again rsrsrs

If after the UTG min raise it was folded around to you without any other callers- I like the flat call in that spot. A lot.

You're right, min raise UTG is a strong play and can often indicate a big hand.

That is why for me, with other callers, I want to see where my AQ is at and try to get as many players out of the hand as possible.

By taking the passive option and flat calling we have no idea how strong UTG really is AND we're also giving the two other players the chance to out-flop us (presuming they're not already ahead) as well.

It depends on your playing style. My default setting in tournaments is TAG. I'm wary of making passive plays because I don't want to leak chips by calling in spots where I could win by raising or save my chips by folding.

One piece of poker advice I picked up somewhere was 'don't be afraid of monsters under the bed'.

Say you were right in thinking his bet meant he was on AQs+ or JJ+... What do you gain by flat calling? You're putting chips into a pot against someone who is ahead or could have you dominated.. Surely a raise or fold is better? How often are we folding AQ on the bb to a min raise?

Hopefully not too often! [emoji16]

If after you 3-bet he then 4-bets or jams, you can probably assume he's either got it or has guts. I don't mind releasing at this point.

You might be surprised how often the 3-bet takes down the pot. Most of the times it doesn't win the pot there and then- it gets you heads up.

For me it's worst when he flats our 3-bet. I'm on high alert!

I'm pleased you were back playing so soon (as long as your head was right) and hope you had better luck after returning!

All the best [emoji1303]