Flop: (200) 8 J A (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 130, 2 players fold, SB calls 130

Turn: (460) A (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: (460) K (2 players)
SB bets 184, Hero raises to 400, SB calls 216

Total pot: 1,260

Showdown:
BB (Hero) shows A 6 (three of a kind, Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 56%, Flop: 66%, Turn: 82%, River: 0%)

SB shows Q T (a straight, Ten to Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 44%, Flop: 34%, Turn: 18%, River: 100%)

SB wins 1,260

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a multiway pot I mostly check/call weak Ax. Sometimes even fold. Truth is this board is pretty bad for your hand in multi. There are many draws and many turns and rivers will just kill your hand. People will hit their draws or make 2 pairs. Plus I don't want to build a pot. I want to keep it small. And I don't want to get some alllins from those guys so I prefer check.
As played I don't see a reason to check turn. You want a value from those draws now. You just checked turn and raise on river. I'm not sure about the river, because King of hearts comes so people don't have so many flushes out there. Problem is people don't bluff using this sizing. Sometimes Kx would play that way but I'm not sure. Still some weak flushes hit and QT. I think call is better. But as I said, I would play flop and turn in different way.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have raised turn, I don’t think that he would call, (sometimes maybe, but not likely) , with his gutshot. If he somehow call turn, I would check/ call river, and if he jam river, on that board, probably will fold

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Depending on the tendencies of those limpers, you could use your stack here to put pressure on them by going all in. Sure it sucks, if they limped in with 99 or AJ and snap you off, but some people mostly limp junk, and picking up 4BB uncontested is pretty good. It is sort of borderline though, when you have one of the worst possible AX hands, so I dont mind checking either.

Flop
I dont hate leading here, but you could check-call as well. Better AX hands are at least somewhat discounted, because its a limped pot, and so is for sure JJ. So you will be ahead here most of the time but not always.

Turn
Great card for you, since he is now less likely to have you outkicked, and you also beat J8, if he somehow has that. There is also another flush draw now, so if you bet flop, you absolutely have to continue betting now to charge his draws.

River
Now you have to just call. One of the flush draws came in, and when you raise, he pretty much only call, when you are beat.

Conclusion
Preflop and flop is ok, although there were some alternative lines, you should at least consider. Your turn and river play on the other hand was really weird. It seems like, you are trying to "trap" him by checking back on the turn, but your hand is not strong enough for that, and it is also vulnerable to getting outdrawn. So after making trips you played it really backwards.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop

Turn
Great card for you, since he is now less likely to have you outkicked, and you also beat J8, if he somehow has that. There is also another flush draw now, so if you bet flop, you absolutely have to continue betting now to charge his draws.

River
Now you have to just call. One of the flush draws came in, and when you raise, he pretty much only call, when you are beat.

Conclusion
Preflop and flop is ok, although there were some alternative lines, you should at least consider. Your turn and river play on the other hand was really weird. It seems like, you are trying to "trap" him by checking back on the turn, but your hand is not strong enough for that, and it is also vulnerable to getting outdrawn. So after making trips you played it really backwards.

completely agree there is the possibility that the villain is looking to complete a straigth or flush your bets on the flop, where did you lose this hand? at the check on the turn it makes no sense to give him a free card if he wanted to continue looking for his flush or straigth he had to pay on the turn, if he made the call on the turn then you should only call on the river since that Kh was very bad for you

Full Flush Poker