$0.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: $0.50 NLHE MTT Turbo:

vskots150

vskots150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends in advance excuse me. I have some old hands that I would like to discuss. But they are recorded on boomplayer hand converter. I’m hoping I’m not breaking the rules. If I'm wrong, tell me about this and I will delete the post. I just want to understand from this converter, can I somehow transfer my hand here to discuss it with you? Because manually rewriting it is very difficult. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Teach me how to do it right. I inserted a link. If it is forbidden by the rules, I will delete it. I just want to figure it out to work more on my game.
Specifically, in this hand 6 tables played at once and this Brazilian was sitting against me at 3 tables. I noticed his very aggressive game and that a couple of times he won with garbage. Tell me whether I entered the name of such information about the opponent correctly?https://www.boomplayer.com/32488751_77C20CD17A

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For unbiased analysis it is best to hide the results of a hand, but its not breaking any rules to post a replayer link. And personally I would much rather look at a replay than an unconverted hand history.

As for the hand I would not cold call a 3-bet out of position. For me this is a jam or fold spot, and with A9s almost certainly fold. There is just to much risk, that someone has you dominated here, and with 28BB you still have time to find a much better spot.

As played though when the maniac jam, and the other guys fold, then I am also sticking it in and hoping for the best. You are getting 3:1, so you only need to win 25% of the time, and apparently he can have almost anything. Unfortunately this time he won the flip, but thats ok.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop - EASY fold. UTG opens to 4x! This play from a GTO perspective should be one of the strongest raises at the table annnnd hes betting bigger than normal - red flags and alarm bells going off everywhere in this hand lol. Anyways this huge open should be reason enough for us to fold but if it wasnt there is also a 3bet in the hand as well. A9 is likely dominated and the best thing advances hope for is to flop 2 pair or better or to make a flush. Otherwise we are probably going to lose this hand.

We are in the SB and certainly do not have to get involved. I know our villan in this instance had 23 and decided to punt it away - but if you continue playing like this I think you will find yourself losing to much better hands than 23 and just overall losing a ton of chips in spots like this.

Make smart plays, make correct plays. Dont be results oriented. For god sakes with all the action portraying strength you caught UTG with his pants down 4bet shoving 23s - idk how much luckier you can get, it just didnt work out.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is an easy fold pre as not only does UTG raise but you have a min 3 bet before you. Min 3 bets usually mean hands more towards the nuts than not. I know in this case the person who min 3 bets folds to a jam but when it is your turn to act you do not have that information yet. A9 suited is a nice but not really strong hand plus you are in the SB out of position. Look for a better spot with position to be aggressive,

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop - EASY fold. UTG opens to 4x! This play from a GTO perspective should be one of the strongest raises at the table annnnd hes betting bigger than normal - red flags and alarm bells going off everywhere in this hand lol. Anyways this huge open should be reason enough for us to fold but if it wasnt there is also a 3bet in the hand as well. A9 is likely dominated and the best thing advances hope for is to flop 2 pair or better or to make a flush. Otherwise we are probably going to lose this hand.

We are in the SB and certainly do not have to get involved. I know our villan in this instance had 23 and decided to punt it away - but if you continue playing like this I think you will find yourself losing to much better hands than 23 and just overall losing a ton of chips in spots like this.

Make smart plays, make correct plays. Dont be results oriented. For god sakes with all the action portraying strength you caught UTG with his pants down 4bet shoving 23s - idk how much luckier you can get, it just didnt work out.

Weird as it sounds but the bigger the raise the more we want to reraise in general (compared to flatting). His 4x has little to do with GTO, but likely means nothing else than that he's a fish. How we react should be player dependent, if he's opening way too wide. We 3B jam (if it were a single raised pot). If he's opening very tight we instant fold. Depends on his VPIP and PFR.

I completely agree with you that now we got a UTG open, EP call and BU 3B. Ez fold.

V

Vekekeke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the cold call for small 3bet isn't the best way to play. Of course as played you have to call the jam and get unlucky, but you have to keep practising. Good luck for learning.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it is a clear fold, I do not like to risk in this situation.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

Bad decision, it's like you just chasing luck by calling after all that action with A9s.
Fold and wait for better spots. I know that your opponent might seem like a maniac, if you have a read that he's going crazy all the time then try to bust him but make sure that you have a solid hand and you play only against him.
Here with the 4x open utg, a caller and a ridiculous 3bet (still a 3bet) you just have to fold.
This way you just spew chips away. Imagine that everyone calls and you find yourself first to act against 3 players on that oversized pot on flop. And this was a good flop. Probably the most of the times you will completely miss or you 'll hit the Ace and you'll lose.
Don't let your opponents cloud your mind with their craziness.