$0.50 NLHE MTT: dangerous board hit the set 10

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These hands really are driving me insane dude lol.

Preflop is good, sizing with one limper in front is fine. The flop cbet is OK but I tend to check this one back for some form of pot control, balance my range, keep.from running head on into a King, etc.

Anyhow, we spike a set on the turn. I am going broke here when I bet and villan jams. We are likely up against a flush in this spot but I'm too far invested to fold and my hand is too strong. This is why we practice proper bankroll management. We take the hit, we chalk it up to variance and move on.

Again - for me this is just another huge example of you posting a hand that you likely would not post if you had won it. You are being results oriented and its clouding your judgment and confidence.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/824wLOEN8

What is the right solution in this situation at a distance? What is the probability that we both hit the board? Was it a negative call? I'm not sure that at a distance you need to throw a hit into the set?

Thank U 4 Posting.

We have to play our hand strength relative to the nuts.
The nuts is a flush and no reason our villain cannot have it.
Then comes the straight then KKK much less likely.

Making our set is good but not in this spot.
Caution has to be used to survive tournaments. When the flush hits we no longer want to play for stacks unless we know our villain well.

Hope this helps
:):):)

24hrrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

We have to play our hand strength relative to the nuts.
The nuts is a flush and no reason our villain cannot have it.
Then comes the straight then KKK much less likely.

Making our set is good but not in this spot.
Caution has to be used to survive tournaments. When the flush hits we no longer want to play for stacks unless we know our villain well.

Hope this helps
:):):)

I whole-heartily agree with eetenor. Though, based on my personal ranges, I would have limped my 10's; and again, that is based on my personal range. I also agree that, when you were faced with 3 spades; survival became the priority.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Preflop everything good.

I'm not a fan of the cbet on that flop, especially against two players.
Check back, pot control, keep your hand as a bluff catcher if someone bets turn or river, only call once if not improved unless it is very cheap.

The turn card is a set up. Although any flush is possible and if you had checked back the flop then you might be able to avoid to bust, especially if you could somehow see that river cheaply.

After the cbet on the flop maybe you could check back the turn trying to hit a full or just call a bet if you miss on the river.

Just saying some alternatives, I can't really blame you for any big mistakes after you hit that turn.
You were committed to the pot with your last bet and still had some outs to improve, so your call to his shove I think it's mandatory.

vskots150

vskots150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These hands really are driving me insane dude lol.

Preflop is good, sizing with one limper in front is fine. The flop cbet is OK but I tend to check this one back for some form of pot control, balance my range, keep.from running head on into a King, etc.

Anyhow, we spike a set on the turn. I am going broke here when I bet and villan jams. We are likely up against a flush in this spot but I'm too far invested to fold and my hand is too strong. This is why we practice proper bankroll management. We take the hit, we chalk it up to variance and move on.

Again - for me this is just another huge example of you posting a hand that you likely would not post if you had won it. You are being results oriented and its clouding your judgment and confidence.

I try to publish not only those hands where I lost, mostly those where I thought for a very long time and I have a question. And what to do in such cases at a distance, will it bring me money. In general, I try to make decisions alienated and not fall in love with hands. But it happens that emotions take over me. Since I have no friends in poker with whom I could discuss this, I want to hear the opinion of experienced people from the outside

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we need 28% equity to break even. If V is literally only jamming flushes here we got like 23%.

He may be jamming some kings, and if he's jamming any flush draw we definitely got the right odds. So yeah I reckon calling is fine.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can't say I would have played it differently, but villain was staying around for a reason. I hopefully would have checked the turn for a free card, hoping he caught his flush (turns out straight) and I pick up another deuce or nine for a boat.