$0.5 NLHE MTT Turbo: $$0.5 NLHE MTT Turbo: Should I 3bet shove with AKo?

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding is definitely not an option obviously. I almost like a call here in position - then again so many crap combos get there, and it's hard to know where you stand on a lot of flops. Makes the isolation play seem more enticing. You'll have overcards but you're still behind a good chunk of their hands. I do like your jam here...

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say no. The reason why is because first, of he laid a big raise himself. And seecond becasue he has twice as many chips as you, meaning he can afford to call and lose but you can't. AK can be deceiving in the sense that you feel like going hard with it yet you have to hit a flop. VS a hand like aces or kings, which is already made. In this situation, going all-in you should have a made top pair, kings or aces. With AK you want to raise an unraised pot but you dont want to play for all your chips on an unmade hand. Why not take a flop here. Surely you would have been in a much better position to have control over your destiny rather than prematurely going all in. Now lets say you have 10 BB or even 15 BB. THen You wanna 3bet shove. But you had a big enough stack that you wanna see a flop first. Especially going up against Big Stack

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes 3bet shove is definetly the best option with AK and 25bb

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see two options here. Flat pre flop, folding the flop when you miss. Or 3 bet all in. You do not want to 3 bet to 9-12 BB because you are not going to 3 bet fold here.

Some things to consider are how is the Villain been playing? Has he been in a lot of pots? If so, then you have some good fold equity shoving 25 BB here.

Also, when do the blinds go up? How many BB at the new level will you have? If blinds are up soon, you could be going from 25 BB to 12 or 18 BB making this hand absolutely an all in