$0.27 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: shoving 2 pair for value on multiway pot?

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firts of all I am folding pre flop. A3 is a crappy hand in a 3 bet pot and we probably need two pair to win this hand against this many opponent (even two pair is kinda scary). Besides we are not closing the action with a call.

As played, I will not get away from this one, when we turn two pair. I would check/shove the turn, as Ax will have a lot of equity against you and you have less than a pot bet left, with a call.

My 2 cents

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop fold, as played turn raise all in, as played river call. Difference between turn and river, is that on the turn you want to protect your hand and that villain is more likely to bet with one pair. On the river though, villain should check most of his one pair hands, so by raising you are basically value betting yourself.

J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As already mentioned, this A3o deep in the game, out of position is very loose.

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Min raise, call, min 3 bet, action on you. This looks either very, very weak, or very trappy. If it were A3 suited, I would be inclined to 4 bet this hand from the blinds. A3 suited has good equity against most every hand that will 5 bet shove here (except AA), around 30 against AKo

K

krakenba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely agree that you should be folding A3o here. If you hit an ace 3/4 way then you're in an awkward situation still and it's throwing chips away. The only flop you want to hit is trip 3's and you're definitely not priced in for that. Defend this on the big blind and play it blind vs blind, otherwise I'd fold.

I think it's a good bluff catcher in better situations but wouldn't lead with it on that board. If you really thought you were ahead then a flat call of 880 on the river would have been better, since both players have AT, A8 and any pocket pair (especially being $0.27 buy in) in their ranges. If that was a two way pot defending your blind then value betting can be good, but multiway you are likely to be behind after a raise call