$0.10 NLHE MTT Turbo: 5-way all-in preflop with AQs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have gone all in, when the action first came to you. You had 12-13 BB left, and this is not the time to try and play finesse poker and take literally any hand postflop multiway. You either go all in (reshove) or fold before the flop, and AQs is certainly strong enough to go all in.

If you go all in, when the action first get to you, you dont see this action, but as played I am still calling off the last 10BB. AQs is way to strong to lay down with these stack sizes. You will mostly bust, but you are going to bust anyway, if you dont chip up, and winning this pot will allow you to survive the next several blind levels.

These turbo events are a complete shove fest, and if you dont like this kind of poker, I suggest playing the 0,25$ regular speed 45 and 90 man SnGs on Stars instead of this 0,10$ turbo 360 man. The 90 man especially is a polar opposite, because it has 15 minutes between blinds going up rather than 5.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Can someone help with analysis for this hand: https://www.boomplayer.com/uk/31209830_21A2257D94
Four people went all-in. Is it a call for me every time or fold make some sense?
hi hi blackone
i no way an expert but AQs with a couple all ins is a fold... its just A high and you will likely be behind if you enter to play against those obviously solid hands
i for sure agree with the fold
my coach help me get beyond "gambling" to call with that hand, hope to flop something
why? cause AQ suited looks so so so pretty
but wasted chips for sure in this situation .. people agree?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi blackone
i no way an expert but AQs with a couple all ins is a fold... its just A high and you will likely be behind if you enter to play against those obviously solid hands
i for sure agree with the fold
my coach help me get beyond "gambling" to call with that hand, hope to flop something
why? cause AQ suited looks so so so pretty

but wasted chips for sure in this situation .. people agree?

Maybe you can argue for a fold against very nitty players, but this is a 10c turbo SnG, so these guys are goofballs and will get it all in with far to many hands. Also until the river we always need to look at equity and not our absolute hand. If we ignore the short stacker and pretend, we are up against QQ, 77 and 63o, we had 27,5% equity, and with the chips, we put in already, we needed less than 20% to make a breakeven call.

So clearly this would have been a very profitable call. Sure you can add, that the Villains have a range of hands and not these specific hands, but I have been fair already by ignoring the fact, that the short stacker also had 77, so that two players blocked each others out. Also we were up against a hand, that had us dominated, but even so we would still have made a clearly profitable call 4-ways (again ignoring the short stacker).

Some will say "but ICM", but that does not really apply to this situation. We are at the 4`th blind level of a turbo SnG with a very top heavy payout structure, so there is no time to sit and wait for "a better spot", and there are going to be very few chances of non-showdown winnings from now on and the rest of the tournament.

So in a structure like this there really is no other way forward than to play and hope to win "flips", and our edge come from having a decent hand like AQs and not 63o like the goofball in BB :D

F

FTS17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no calling 2.5 bb preflop. This is either 3bet push or fold. By chip ev easy push, by icm we are already looking at the tournament stage.