kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0.02+$0|1500/3000 Ante 600 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+1: 19.34 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, hands: 1)
MP+2: 0.72 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
CO: 3.16 BB (VPIP: 60.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
BTN: 4.76 BB (VPIP: 15.38, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
SB: 10.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
BB: 2.74 BB (VPIP: 8.33, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
UTG: 9.17 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 66.67, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)
Hero (UTG+1): 6.21 BB
MP: 10.65 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)

9 players post ante of 0.2 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 3.3 BB) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

UTG raises to 8.97 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 6.01 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (15.31 BB, 2 players) T:spade: A:club: 6:spade:

Turn: (15.31 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:

River: (15.31 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:

54 players left - 50 paid, should we fold?

H

Hasanov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey mate. I'm new here so most probably there will be people who will answer to your question much more better than I will but nevertheless I would like to express myself.

First of all, I would like to underline the point that there are already 54 people left so HERO should have been a bit reserved even if he had KKs. The reason being is that 0.02 tournaments are 900+ people ones and getting to top 60 and bursting out in 54s place should hurt. So if I were in HERO's place I would have folded and tried to lay low until 50th place is guaranteed.

Second reason for folding is the chip count of UTG is greater than HERO's. I would have called with KK IF either MP+2 or BB would have gone all in, in all other cases fold until first 50 are determined.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First and foremost It's a .02 tourney. Now that's out of the way, lets get back to the actual hand and look at different factors that we should actually be thinking about, like "It's a .02 tourney".

Those .02 games on Stars are a mine field and to make It that far Is an achievement on It's own. So congrats to you on that feat.

Now, you only have 3 hands with this player, so I can only guess you either got moved to this table, or he/she moved to that table, but either way, we got "KK", like I mean It's "KK", what more can I say and If I didn't already say It, I'll say It once more It's "KK".

Ok so 50 paid, and there's 54 left. So now we need to weigh pros and cons.

Pro, If we call, and double up we should be around 13-15bb's, which Is better than your current 6bb's correct?

The 2nd advantage to this Is that you also have a better shot at running deeper, which Is better over all because you don't than just get a "Min Cash" but more than that.

The other advantage Is that, you'll have actual chips and a nice shove/re-steal stack to apply pressure to players that are attempting to do similar vs players with the 15-30bb range.

The cons, you risk the chance of going broke on a sick run-out

You don't get any funds for finishing 51st. Thus you wasted your time.

If you weigh Just these pros and cons, you'll see that the pros are actually In the lead, and that's why I think this Is a call spot.

In the end, It comes down to "what you want", Are you just happy with a "Min Cash"? If so, tank/fold every hand to get It. If on the other hand you're not happy with It, than go for It, and hope they hold and/If when they have "AA" hope to catch

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hit the call button as fast as you can.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree, with KK it is easy call

J

jjpregler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Min cashing is a failure!

Remember this for the rest of your poker career. Making any decision on the bubble hoping to make a min cash instead of allowing the math of situation dictate your decision is a failure mindset. Min cashing is a failure!

If you still want to think about folding a hand as strong as KK in this spot to squeak into the money, go back and re-read the first statement of my post.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for all the input guys

First and foremost It's a .02 tourney. Now that's out of the way, lets get back to the actual hand and look at different factors that we should actually be thinking about, like "It's a .02 tourney".

Those .02 games on Stars are a mine field and to make It that far Is an achievement on It's own. So congrats to you on that feat.

Now, you only have 3 hands with this player, so I can only guess you either got moved to this table, or he/she moved to that table, but either way, we got "KK", like I mean It's "KK", what more can I say and If I didn't already say It, I'll say It once more It's "KK".

Ok so 50 paid, and there's 54 left. So now we need to weigh pros and cons.

Pro, If we call, and double up we should be around 13-15bb's, which Is better than your current 6bb's correct?

The 2nd advantage to this Is that you also have a better shot at running deeper, which Is better over all because you don't than just get a "Min Cash" but more than that.

The other advantage Is that, you'll have actual chips and a nice shove/re-steal stack to apply pressure to players that are attempting to do similar vs players with the 15-30bb range.

The cons, you risk the chance of going broke on a sick run-out

You don't get any funds for finishing 51st. Thus you wasted your time.

If you weigh Just these pros and cons, you'll see that the pros are actually In the lead, and that's why I think this Is a call spot.

In the end, It comes down to "what you want", Are you just happy with a "Min Cash"? If so, tank/fold every hand to get It. If on the other hand you're not happy with It, than go for It, and hope they hold and/If when they have "AA" hope to catch

highly appreciated sir :)

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Min cashing is a failure!

Remember this for the rest of your poker career. Making any decision on the bubble hoping to make a min cash instead of allowing the math of situation dictate your decision is a failure mindset. Min cashing is a failure!

If you still want to think about folding a hand as strong as KK in this spot to squeak into the money, go back and re-read the first statement of my post.

I can't agree with Your opinion. When You are very close to cash and You are shortstack You should play more tight to get mincash.
When You have bigger stack than opponents you should play aggresive and use Your stack to take blinds and scare shorter players.

Of course in that specyfic hand with KK it is easy shove

hzrd123

hzrd123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did UTG had ace?!))!)!)? i just wondering
u did well, dude, at your position ill do the same

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
did UTG had ace?!))!)!)? i just wondering
u did well, dude, at your position ill do the same

UTG shows A<font color='red'>♦</font> 7<font color='red'>♥</font> (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 29%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
Hero shows K<font color='black'>♣</font> K<font color='red'>♦</font> (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 71%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
UTG wins 15.31 BB

J

jjpregler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't agree with Your opinion. When You are very close to cash and You are shortstack You should play more tight to get mincash.
When You have bigger stack than opponents you should play aggresive and use Your stack to take blinds and scare shorter players.

Of course in that specyfic hand with KK it is easy shove

This does not nullify nor disprove my statement. I said you should always let the math of the situation dictate your decision. Being a short stack will change your ICM decisions to play tighter, especially if not the first into the pot. That adjustment is supported by the math. But even if you were the short stack, folding KK to slide into a min-cash is a mathematical error.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your main goal should be to win the tournament.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would deffinetly go all in with KK preflop cuz izs 0.02 and you only get 0.10c you have to play to get to final table to win more money at least 1.10$

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Cmoon you have only M2 and his stack M3. Here correct his push is with range 20%. You can push his with example: 33+, A7s+, ATo+, K9s+, KQo, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s.

G

gatogl888

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play a tournamente for win it... if you fold a legitimate hand like KK, that the objective will be more difficult to reach it..

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should never fold KK preflop when you have 6BB.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Like most of the others said , I think its a call position/spot . Altought it;s utg2 and some others have to paly after you , I don't think folding Kk is a good idea . Waiting to be paid just the 10 cents it's not good ,we're going for greater prizes . If it was a lower category hand we might do that , but not now. Many times I did it in the past and it cost me ,I folded a good hand during the bubble on this 0.02 MTT and show on the board that it was the winning one plus sometimes I didn't calculate the blinds corectly or the bubble lasted more than expected and the blinds run out finally so the attempts to stay alive for o.10 were wasted and I lost the good chances. So in these games the rule is one : stay aggressive all the time (and play some bingo as well ;) )

A

alt888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have been all in pre-flop, no matter any other action anyway.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have had similar discussions about similar spots and it has been agreed on a number of occasions, the only time you could find it in yourself to fold is if the tourney is a satellite to a bigger game, where folding would possibly get you a ticket, but in this particular spot, calling his all-in was the correct move.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would insta-call that pre-flop. I'm not a fan of folding to the money, if he runs out and hits a better hand so be it but I'm firing my chips in fast with KK anyday with only 6bbs.

D

dimnik9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
call

you call right....pair get paid very often in heads up