Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

schadrin (UTG): $1.89 (95 bb)
DaneW (MP): $1.94 (97 bb)
PWBratan (CO): $2.21 (111 bb)
StraightPR0 (BU): $2.00 (100 bb)
Ups I Do It (SB): $2.03 (102 bb)
EDDAO (BB): $2.76 (138 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Ups I Do It) is SB with A K
3 players fold, StraightPR0 (BU) raises to $0.06, Ups I Do It (SB) 3-bets to $0.20, EDDAO (BB) calls $0.18, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.46) J K 6 (2 players)
Ups I Do It (SB) bets $0.26, EDDAO (BB) calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.98) 6 (2 players)
Ups I Do It (SB) bets $0.48, EDDAO (BB) raises to $2.30 (all-in), Ups I Do It (SB) folds

Total pot: $1.94 (Rake: $0.07)
EDDAO (BB) wins $1.87

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without reads I probably play this the same way, you did. Your hand is only a bluff catcher, when he jam the turn, and most micro stakes players tend to not bluff very often with a line like this. I would probably call here with AA or better. There is a pretty big difference between AA and AK on this specific runout, because AA now beat KJ on the paired board.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without read this should be a fold, I dont expect to see average NL2 players bluff AQ and TT in this spot.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, but I wouldn't bet this turn, especially after this 6s, and because the villain is paying everything, I only see he with JJ, JK, KK, soo my fold would happen if I check this turn and villain bets like $0.65 in the turn, unfortunately because AK is a nice hand

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a blocker to AA and KK.
You have already put in half of your stack.
I would think you have to call there, even if you think you might be beat.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its only ~ $1.20 more in a already ~$3.15 pot. The pot odds are just to good to lay it down now.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this is a call. 2NL players don't bluff often, but it's hard to imagine many 6s calling a 3bet preflop. You don't have any spade blockers, so there are enough combo draws, Kx or Ax of spades that could play this way. And as noted above, you've already committed about 40-50% of your stack to the hand

D

Dimitris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain is not playing 100bb deep so probably a fish. And with out any specific reads I'm not folding TPTK in a 3bet pot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain is not playing 100bb deep so probably a fish. And with out any specific reads I'm not folding TPTK in a 3bet pot.

He started with 138BB, so no fish tell there. It feels very weak-tight to bet-fold AK here. But at the same time what are we hoping to see? Another AK for a chopper or AQ of spades exactly?

D

Dimitris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My mistake I didn't read the post very well. I thought it was utg.

Due to the fact he calls your 3 bet and your cbet on the flop. I don't see many bluffs in his range to justify the call on the turn. At zoom the majority of the field in 3bet pots plays fit or fold.

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have to consider his value range first. I wouldn't give too much credit for him to have a tight range here, so the most likely hands he could have are KJ (1 or 6 combos), JJ (3 combos), 66 (1 combo), or trapped AA (3 combos). Maybe AK or KQ, though unlikely.

Folding AK here isn't all that nitty, as we do have a few better hands to continue - AA(6), KK (3), JJ(3), 66(1), KJ(2 or 9). It is tight compared to theoretical approach, but against an unknown at NL2 you can just fold to aggression without worrying too much about it.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for your hand

Hey Buddy, thanks for sharing your hand. I am trying to beat 2 NL and 5 NL for a long time.
I would have to agree with most of the players who elected to lay it down in the turn because I believe:

A) The SB is the worst position ever for realizing equity postflop
B) The board until the Turn is very, very dry (JsKd6h6s)
C) The Villain has position and nearly 140 BB
D) Without safe information about the villain it is very hard to tell whether he has JJ, KJ, KQ, and Pocket 66's in its range.
E) When Villain shoves the Turn what does he represent (2 NL level of thinking): He is representing as values JJ, KJ, K6s, J6s, pocket 66 and a few combos of AA and KK (Hero SB blocks part of BB's calling range, which would very often 4bet your 3bet with AA or KK). Also a couple of 6x because we never know for sure what the community of poker is calling down these days from a SB 3bet....(I will comment about 3bet soon)
And when the SB looks for bluffs he can't find many: What he is putting almost his entire stack with 88? 99? TT? AsQs? AsTs? Qs9s? Really? On the other hand, if the Villain in the BB hat one of the possible nuts would he be shoving a flush draw? Nope, if he he hit the boat in the Turn he would be calling almost 100% times in the hope you hit a flush or a straight in the River and then put all the chips in. So I believe it sucks, it sucks a lot my friend, 2 NL is "The Empire of Polarization": Either he really hit the nuts and was trying to charge from your Two Pairs, TPTKs, and so on or he had a gutter, a flush draw and decided to put all the chip in.
F) I believe hero's 3bet size was too small giving odds for this 140 BB player from the Big Blind to call easily with a great part of his range and having position which allowed it to bluff SB's Hero. I guess your 3bet size here was 3.3x Blinds, and in a situation like that, out of position with a strong holding as AKo, the 4x Blind sizing is better because it reduces the odds from the 140 BB player to call and the BTN player would find a hard day trying to call it down a raise of 4x, but 3.3x, 3.5x allows a lot calls and put us in the SB in a very embarrassing spot.
G) And finally, I believe your C-BET flop was a little bit high giver board: JsKd6h. I don't know many times I could be going checking the flop here because I am out of position against a 140 BB player, which Turns our TPTK x Unknown Situations not so good.
From SB I would either be checking my TPTK versus BB mostly for Pot Control because my TPTK doesn't need to much protection here, besides the Straight Draw, which SB has the removal, there is absolutely nothing to worry. And if I went C-betting the Flop, I would make 1/3 pot with all of my bluffs, semi-bluffs and values, which also allows me to control the pot since I hate playing from the SB.

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

PS: How many hands have you played with this guy? If it is less than a thousand hands I would say that a Fold is the most correct play
Now if you play more than 2K of hands with this BB's Villain, you know why you Fold or didn't fold. It is a very close spot this one you were, and very hard to tell.

Last edited:
delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play another way you need some stats. Vs random you played perfectly!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id make it a couple of bb bigger pre oop and id call the turn your not blocking any flush draws which is good.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would of played it the same way, well played.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not bet $ 0.48 in the turn, it is too much. Because that would lead to other player go all-in if he has something good.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without reads I would C/F the turn. Maybe C/C depending on bet size. But I don’t think he is shoving anything worse here. The best you could hope for is that he also has AK.

Folding in Poker