Would you have played it differently? (VS Aggrofish)

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Once again I have lost money against an aggrofish... Maybe I could have play differently especially on the river but the guy was playing insanely with the tendency to go Allin like every hands or so. He had a vpip of 74.

What are your thoughts?
Btw, I just call Preflop because he was going Allin every time somebody would raise him and I didn't have a hand I wanted to go Allin with Preflop.

Villain = UTG

€0.05 NL (5 max) - Holdem - 5 players

UTG: 220.2 BB (VPIP: 74.07, PFR: 37.04, 3Bet Preflop: 37.50, Hands: 30)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
Hero (BTN): 114.6 BB
SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 12.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 26)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Jh Ad
UTG raises to 2.4 BB, fold, Hero calls 2.4 BB, fold, fold

Flop : (6.2 BB, 2 players) Tc Qh Ks
UTG checks, Hero bets 3.2 BB, UTG calls 3.2 BB

Turn : (12.6 BB, 2 players) Td
UTG checks, Hero bets 4.2 BB, UTG calls 4.2 BB

River : (21 BB, 2 players) 5h
UTG checks, Hero bets 16 BB, UTG raises to 210.4 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 88.8 BB and is all-in

Hero shows Jh Ad (Straight, Ace High)
(Pre 28%, Flop 65%, Turn 0%)

UTG shows Kh Kc (Full House, Kings full of Tens)
(Pre 72%, Flop 35%, Turn 100%)

UTG wins 323 BB

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apart of questionable call pre flop (probably fine given pfr, but would need rfi).
On every street you have to absolutely bomb it - get as much value as you can.
On the river, as played, he basically reps boat (hard to come up with many/any combos tbh) being said that, i still think it is next to impossible find enough bluffs in his range, even though he repps extremely narrowly - id fold given how big this jam is. Debatably we could call there as we bet really small on every street, but i dont think we induce enough to justify doing that.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Some player are very loose pf but vpip say nothing about post-flop.

If you don't have seen him do these big raises all-in on the river with bad hands I would fold to that huge bet

If he really is a crazy maniac you get other chances when you get a better read of his post tendencies.

PF standard call against a vpip that high.

Flop: Bet bigger. Often full pot on a flop this wet full of broadway cards. He either have some good hand or a good draw if he calls.

Turn: Here it can be OK to bet smaller like half pot against a thinking player. He either have a full house, two pair or a draw and he also must be afraid of the fact that you often at lest have two pair or better when you bet big. Against bad players and calling stations bet big again.

River: would probably either bet relatively small to be called by two pair or check to induce a bluff or bet from an aggressive or bad player. And fold to a huge raise and/or all-in. He should know that unless you are a maniac yourself you represent a huge hand by betting three streets on this board.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would 3bet pre 5max with AJ in Position.
do you have 'fold to 3bet' stats in your HUD? I would recommand it because if they fold to a lot of 3bets you could exploit that.
call OTF is fine because we want to set up a trap.

turn I wouldn't mind to check behind.

River check raise was kinda sneaky but I guess we can't fold against such a LAG Player.
Not too many Hands that beat us. QT KT QQ KK 55

unlucky

PF standard call against a vpip that high.

Flop: Bet bigger. Often full pot on a flop this wet full of broadway cards. He either have some good hand or a good draw if he calls.

not sure which Hand you are Talking About, but we flop the nuts with only Backdoor flushdraws. no Need to bet pot size because we don't want him to fold his Hand.
If the board pairs we would get broke anyways.

And I would say the better Play against such an aggressive Player is more Aggression. therefor we have to 3bet and fight him with our strong Hands.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two pair

on flop i would be cautious - why would player call your bet? low pair on board - nope most likely two pairs or set, maybe straight draw

on turn i would not bet just check - seems majority of players like playing two cards between 9-k , and with two tens on board big likelyhood of a full house or full house draw. if player got ten and smaller side he would not go bet allin on river - if he bet aggressively on river you are most likely loosing.

that second ten on turn makes the nut hand to an inferior hand - so would say check and call small bet only - so you dont hit your stack if loosing, if you win its still building your stack but wait for better opportunity to double up.

conditional expectations! after flop many would expect to win but basically on turn given the ten your expected likelyhood of winning reduces significant! dont fall in love in your hand :)

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your AJ was way ahead of his range so a 3Bet preflop would have been good. You flopped top straight so you should have bet a lot more on the flop and turn to build the pot. Big hands for big pots.

He checked the flop with a set and checked the turn with a full house and made a huge overbet on the river. Alarm bells should have gone off but it's hard to fold to someone like that.

Bottom line is you made the right call on the river, he could have any number of hands or he could have been on a stone cold bluff hoping to fold you out. It just so happened he had a full house.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I would 3bet pre 5max with AJ in Position.
do you have 'fold to 3bet' stats in your HUD? I would recommand it because if they fold to a lot of 3bets you could exploit that.
call OTF is fine because we want to set up a trap.

turn I wouldn't mind to check behind.

River check raise was kinda sneaky but I guess we can't fold against such a LAG Player.
Not too many Hands that beat us. QT KT QQ KK 55

unlucky

not sure which Hand you are Talking About, but we flop the nuts with only Backdoor flushdraws. no Need to bet pot size because we don't want him to fold his Hand.
If the board pairs we would get broke anyways.

And I would say the better Play against such an aggressive Player is more Aggression. therefor we have to 3bet and fight him with our strong Hands.

From OP: "Btw, I just call Preflop because he was going Allin every time somebody would raise him and I didn't have a hand I wanted to go Allin with Preflop."

That is the reason I wrote a standard call and not a 3-bet. Personally I could call an all-in if I really know he was going all in with all his raising range to a 3-bet but to gamble ai with AJ this deep then we can get him later with better hands pre-flop is not my first choice.

Regarding a pot bet on the flop: What kind of flops do you bet big if not one as connected as this one with all Broadways? Unless he has a good hand or draw he probably wont call a half size pot either. You don't size your bet mainly after your absolute hand strength, but after the board texture and you overall range..

If you want to get paid from bad players you got to bet big hands big. When else do you bet big? With bad hands? Bluffs?

If the OP stated that the villain bluffs when we check or bet small the I could change to a more trapping style, but we don't have that info - just that he goes all-in a lot. So this deep you better build the pot before a forth to straight comes or the board pair. If he gets scared of three to a straight he would be even more scared then.

Scare him away? If he over-folds on this board you bet the flop more often with bluffs and draws. Does we description of villain in OP sounds like a player that is easily scared off a pot?

Last edited:
D

dimetrio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop against such a player, the call is very bad because his range is very polar and then it will be harder to understand if he has something. Well, on a paired board you had to play either check back or check fold.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From OP: "Btw, I just call Preflop because he was going Allin every time somebody would raise him and I didn't have a hand I wanted to go Allin with Preflop."

That is the reason I wrote a standard call and not a 3-bet. Personally I could call an all-in if I really know he was going all in with all his raising range to a 3-bet but to gamble ai with AJ this deep then we can get him later with better hands pre-flop is not my first choice.

Regarding a pot bet on the flop: What kind of flops do you bet big if not one as connected as this one with all Broadways? Unless he has a good hand or draw he probably wont call a half size pot either. You don't size your bet mainly after your absolute hand strength, but after the board texture and you overall range..

If you want to get paid from bad players you got to bet big hands big. When else do you bet big? With bad hands? Bluffs?

If the OP stated that the villain bluffs when we check or bet small the I could change to a more trapping style, but we don't have that info - just that he goes all-in a lot. So this deep you better build the pot before a forth to straight comes or the board pair. If he gets scared of three to a straight he would be even more scared then.

Scare him away? If he over-folds on this board you bet the flop more often with bluffs and draws. Does we description of villain in OP sounds like a player that is easily scared off a pot?
it doesn't matter if he shoves to every 3bet, we should not be scared to Play him there with such a strong Hand and 5 handed. I would 3bet here most of the time.

sure the flop is scary, but only if we hold Aces. we flop the nuts, it's impossible to get a better straight so we can slow roll and trap him with his aggressive Play.

V put on a cbet and I would not reraise because the flop is perfect for us. his best draw is a split if a fourth Card for a straight Comes, but we have blockers for those. in the rare case that he Flops a set when we flop a str8, we will both go all-in anyways.
In the worst case (he flopped a set) we are still ahead on the flop 65:35.
If he flopped top two we are About 82:18 ahead.
Vs any pair with straight draw (like AT, JT, JQ) we have 85:2 (13% split).
against a pp 22-99 we have About 96:3.
also 95:4 vs most suited connectors.
83:4 (13% split) vs Ax
so you have 2 Combos of KK, 2 of QQ and 2 of TT where chances are high that he sucks out, if you Count the other Combos (sorry, I'm too lazy) you will see why I would let him cbet into us without reraising. If we reraise he gets the Chance to make the correct fold.

On this flop there is Nothing connected that we should be afraid of because we hold the best Hand, so the flop is dry as **** for us. I would only reraise if there is a flushdraw and I don't have blockers.

edit: sorry, I just read that he checked the flop, I thought he made a cbet :D
you are Right, betting is totally fine but I would not bet big for the reasons I mentioned above.

stevecambog

stevecambog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think if u play with strong cards raising all in its gonna be a good idea

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just raise the flop. I never feel good getting money in on a paired board unless I have a full house.