What would you do here ?

W

Willrumble21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This just happened on an NL5 table on 888poker. I want to know if you think it's a nitty fold:

Stacks:

Hero SB $8.47
BB $6.43
UTG $4.08
UTG + 1 $1.97

Preflop action:

Hero has :10s4: :10d4:

UTG makes it $0.15
UTG + 1 raises to $0.45
Action folds to Hero in the SB, call $0.45
BB calls $0.45
UTG calls $0.45

Flop: :9c4: :2s4: :4c4:

SB (Hero) checks
BB bets $0.90
UTG raises all in ($3.63)
UTG +1 calls all in ($1.52)

What am I supposed to do here?? I have an under-repped over pair but feel like there is no way that I can be good here 4 ways facing so much aggression?

I end up folding. BB folds too.

UTG shows :jc4: :kc4: and UTG+1 shows :ad4: :kh4:

So I would've had the best hand.

Is this a nitty fold?

Thanks

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Preflop fold out of position

This just happened on an NL5 table on 888poker. I want to know if you think it's a nitty fold:

Stacks:

Hero SB $8.47
BB $6.43
UTG $4.08
UTG + 1 $1.97

Preflop action:

Hero has :10s4: :10d4:

UTG makes it $0.15
UTG + 1 raises to $0.45
Action folds to Hero in the SB, call $0.45
BB calls $0.45
UTG calls $0.45

Flop: :9c4: :2s4: :4c4:

SB (Hero) checks
BB bets $0.90
UTG raises all in ($3.63)
UTG +1 calls all in ($1.52)

What am I supposed to do here?? I have an under-repped over pair but feel like there is no way that I can be good here 4 ways facing so much aggression?

I end up folding. BB folds too.

UTG shows :jc4: :kc4: and UTG+1 shows :ad4: :kh4:

So I would've had the best hand.

Is this a nitty fold?

Thanks

Hi there Willrumble21, good evening and thank you very much for sharing your hand with the CardsChat community.
First of all, giving that UTG raised 3 blinds, and UTG+1 3-bets, this is a very easy preflop fold with 99, TT, JJ and QQ.
You will play out of position in relation to 2 or 3 players (the Big Blind didn't speak yet).
When you call in the SB you don't know for sure what BB is going to do and which action the original preflop raisor (UTG) will take.
If either BB 4-bet/Squeezes or UTG 4-bet/Squeezes what is your action? Call, 5-bet/Push or fold?
99-QQ will me mostly dominated by the UTG and UTG+1's range: AA, KK and AKs.

On the other hand, if you know that both UTG, UTG+1 and BB are really whales you can put up a 5-bet shove, but even so you will be flipping (best case scenario) versus those ranges.
TT will flip with QJ, KJ, KQ, AK, AQ, AJ.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop it's split between raising and folding. At lower stakes like NL5, I like fold more, because UTG1 rarely will have bluff there. However, if you thin UTG and UTG1 are LAGs you can 4bet, otherwise it's easy fold.

On the flop, I like your fold. Both villains easily can have QQ+ and BB can have sets. It's clear fold.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would do the same as you. UTG puts half of your stack with only a flush draw. Money is not important to him. A lot of aggressive players participate in the hand. You can't risk it.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yeah man, I too think you've done the right thing. Personally, with TT and lower, and even with JJ, I learned not to get in unless for cheap or when it's folded to me and I'm the aggressor. Of course we see crazy things take place (Especially in freerolls and small stakes), when the folded hand could've turned into a monster postflop, but that's no excuse and we should keep playing as correctly as we're able to.
Good luck to you..

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With two raisers in front of you it´s propably best to fold preflop. I think its hard to play mid Pocket pairs because at one point there will be either an overcard or some kind of a draw on the board so you will always have to face some hard decisions.

As played its an easy fold Postflop its not worth risking that much.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, you did the right thing. I would do the same. If several players are raising you, then obviously someone will have a better card.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a good fold, no matter that at that time you had the best hand you are out of position and with the raise of the Utg and the utg + 1 I would have done the fold in the pre-flop with TT

D

DrGreenthumb420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I learned, cold calling 3 bets is not really a thing. Either 4bet fold or fold directly with your tt Id say

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel that you made the right decision the raise was a little too aggressive and seemed likely to be holding a set or higher pockets.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had done the same as you!
played right friend.:dancing:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that I would have called. However, I'm quick to call with someone else's money...lol.

T1ltmonkey

T1ltmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the flop fold is fine.

Best preflop play is probably raise or fold, and I would lean towards folding because 4-betting TT from the SB vs two opponents is just inviting all kinds of postflop trouble.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are out of position...you gotta re-raise preflop. IF they call... you lead out that flop all day, every day. Pot it.

As played...don't check the flop....pot it. But since you checked...you had to fold b/c you probably figured you were up against a higher pair. Had you repopped preflop, you may have taken it down before any flop action. And, if people want to stick around with 2 overs after a 4 bet flop, pot sized bet on the flop then....so be it.

P

Plaza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
RIP it in.

$2 & $5 NL tables I just get it in with 99’s up Preflop. The amount of times you see A4 A5 A6 upwards is unreal at these stakes. When I first got told this I was like really! But the amount of times I’ve seen hands in this situation afterwards proved to me it was sound advice.

I guess it matters how many players are involved. 3 in total I call, more than 3 I fold.
Getting it in OOP also stops postflop play OOP.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no reads facing UTG open and UTG+1 3 bet just fold pre. There will be better spots. We have no blockers and if we call UTG can still raise again. We are not getting good enough odds to set mine here. Maybe if all three stacks at $10+ we can set mine but even then, we are OOP and it may be hard to realize our equity. As others have said, this is more of a raise or fold spot and against an UTG open and UTG+1 raise it's a fold. I would fold JJ here too without reads and 4 bet AK, QQ+.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the decision needs to be made preflop. Playing TT 3-handed or even 4-handed out of position in a 3-bet pot is not going to be fun, so for me this is a 4-bet or fold spot. If you are unsure, just fold. But in this specific spot, where we are playing short handed, and both the opponents are short stacked, I think, its fine to 4-bet. We can either just rip it in, or we can make it a little over a dollar with intention to fold, if CO jam. Against BTN we are committed either way.

W

wanycash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard fold. Sometimes u're gonna fold better hands but remember that he might've showed up with JJ+ easily, and given the pre-flop scenario, his range is pretty much capped to AQ+ and JJ+ at NL5. Unless you have reads on them and marked them as whales I consider fold the absolute best move there.

So no, not a nitty fold :)
Cheers