TPGK vs the PFR
Hero (MP) ($10.88)
: Hero is MP with A
BB calls $0.05, UTG bets $0.20
, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds
, SB calls $0.15, 1 fold
: ($0.67) 8
, A (3 players)
SB checks, UTG bets $0.40
, Hero raises to $1
, 2 folds
$1.47 | Rake:
UTG is 34 / 22 (UTG raise = 18%) with 4.2% 3bet over 1.1k hands (losing 44 bb/100). AF 1.9 (32%). Folds to 3bet = 56%.
- 3bets vs PFR and caller with 88 from BB (!)
- set IP checks back flop and bets 3/4 pot on turn
My thinking process:
- AQo > his wide UTG range, but if I 3bet he folds out garbage and comes out PP heavy and with various Broadway hands, especially suited.
- His range obviously contains AK/KK/AA/88 but I am ahead of everything else which is a majority here (that is the point behind flatting preflop).
- It seemed to me that he hesitated a bit before betting (but I dislike relying on timing tells
- The flop raise is for value and info (if he comes over it I fold).
1. Line check? I am utterly confused about correct way to play these hands and rely on case-by-case evaluation and that breeds mistakes.