perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You played passive and give them a chance to make there hand. You gave yourself a lesson in how not to play KK!

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop was good, But post flop was not what I would have done.

I look at it like this, depending on stacks, a middle position limper is usually going to have a medium to weak ace. The preflop play should have pushed the limper out.
The fact that he didn't go out means either he is a donk or has a hand.

So this is where it gets weird, being out of position with cowboys against a flopped ace, I would have put in a probe bet on the flop instead of just checking. This could also be viewed as a C-bet. Something in the range of 3/4 to full pot would be reasonable.

If MP calls, then I know he has the ace, possible made two pair, and I know I can check fold the turn should nothing come out in my favor.

Sometimes one has to learn to lay down the big pocket pair. It's a tough call to do it, but when you think about it objectively and reasonably assume you're beaten, then those fish hooks, ladies, cowboays, or aces even, can and should be folded.

G

grbarer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop for my opinion is correct .
After flop hero checks and then mp bet 12bb , hero had to make decission to fold or raise , check/call to the river for my opinion was worst option.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can not call the river. The way hand was played, u can only catch a bluff. KK would lose 99% of the time

G

geog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I intended to check raise at turn but I played more tables and got distracted. I know I play the hand passive it was my mistake.

For the record I had notes that the guy bluffs a lot so at the last two seconds I decided to call and win, mp had 22

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, 9 players cash game

Utg limps, mp calls, sb calls, hero is bb with KK raises to to 7.5bb

Utg folds, mp calls, sb folds

Flop Qs, 8s, Ad hero checks, mp bets 12bb hero calls

Turn 7h hero checks, mp bets 19bb hero calls

River 8d hero checks mp bets 43bb all in

Call or not? Did I play very passive the hand? Stakes are mid pokerstars

Cbet 1/3 pot on flop or x/c and consider x/f turn (Unless you have a strong read that the person is overaggressive and likes to bluff)

If you think about his limp calling range, you beat a lot of it on the flop, but once facing a second barrel he'll have you a lot.

Make your decision on the turn and avoid that spot altogether on the river :driver:

Hope that way of looking at it helps!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some info about the Villain would be nice here to assign him a more precise range. Some regs pretty much only have a small or medium pocket pair, when they limp behind, but fish love to limp-call crappy aces. As Evan Jarvis say, make your decision on the turn, when you have a hand with little chance of improving. Without info I typically prefer to give people credit for having it rather than for being able to bluff.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, 9 players cash game

Utg limps, mp calls, sb calls, hero is bb with KK raises to to 7.5bb

Utg folds, mp calls, sb folds

Flop Qs, 8s, Ad hero checks, mp bets 12bb hero calls

Turn 7h hero checks, mp bets 19bb hero calls

River 8d hero checks mp bets 43bb all in

Call or not? Did I play very passive the hand? Stakes are mid pokerstars

Yes, too passive.

Check the flop OOP after raising big preflop....why? Only to fold right?

I would be ok with a check-raise and if he calls then you might be in trouble with your big pair.

Calling opponent all the way down just gets you into trouble.

I might play AA or a set like the way you did - but nothing else.

Good luck !

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is Way Ahead/Way Behind, meaning you're either killing him or not likely to catch up. Much easier to play in position, but the objective is to get to the river with as small a pot as possible since, if readless, you just don't know.

In position I check flop to eliminate one street. Out of position, I maybe bet the flop and check turn, maybe folding to a turn bet but it depends on how I've been seen as well. Reads are pretty crucial here.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a misfire with everyone. For some, throwing such a big pocket pair off is a problem. Notes on players are not always suitable in all situations. What is happening at the table needs to be monitored more.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably should've folded to the flop bet..