reraise probably too small on flop

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Zoom Hand #203034991397: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2019/08/06 10:11:00 CET [2019/08/06 4:11:00 ET]
Table 'Halley' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Ups I Do It ($2.05 in chips)
Seat 2: wsa.aleksey ($3.43 in chips)
Seat 3: XxIDEMxX ($6.83 in chips)
Seat 4: DRONI RUS ($2.10 in chips)
Seat 5: sen@kin ($2 in chips)
Seat 6: TM 69 UIE ($2.01 in chips)
wsa.aleksey: posts small blind $0.01
XxIDEMxX: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ups I Do It [Ks Kc]
DRONI RUS: folds
sen@kin: folds
TM 69 UIE: folds
Ups I Do It: raises $0.05 to $0.07
wsa.aleksey: calls $0.06
XxIDEMxX: folds
*** FLOP *** [3c 7h Th]
wsa.aleksey: bets $0.10
Ups I Do It: raises $0.18 to $0.28
wsa.aleksey: calls $0.18
*** TURN *** [3c 7h Th] 3♥
wsa.aleksey: checks
Ups I Do It: bets $0.35
wsa.aleksey: calls $0.35
*** RIVER *** [3c 7h Th 3h] 9♣
wsa.aleksey: checks
Ups I Do It: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
wsa.aleksey: shows [Ah 9h] (a flush, Ace high)
Ups I Do It: mucks hand
wsa.aleksey collected $1.37 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.42 | Rake $0.05
Board [3c 7h Th 3h 9c]
Seat 1: Ups I Do It (button) mucked [Ks Kc]
Seat 2: wsa.aleksey (small blind) showed [Ah 9h] and won ($1.37) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 3: XxIDEMxX (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: DRONI RUS folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: sen@kin folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: TM 69 UIE folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Last edited by a moderator:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can go a bit more on the flop, but when you bet turn what was your plan? Were you calling a shove?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a small climb on the flop, maybe as if you were expecting a color that finally comes to you on the turn.
In the face of this small increase, you face color projects directly most of the time.
But your bet on the turn is different, this time of considerable size, approximately 50% of the pot.
In the turn when a card is folded, you defeat almost every double pair that SB could have.
At this point, you have several combinations that you beat, but you cannot block the straight lines that open on the board.
Maybe you could bet harder on the flop and a little less on the turn, in this way you leave a margin of protection to all those combinations that could be above your range.
On the river I think you played well, since the big blind check could mean that he wants to encourage you to make a bluff, so that you end up defeated in his trap.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This look completely fine to me. I think, raising the flop works fine at 2NL, where a lot of players will donk bet with a hand like top pair "to protect it", but no need to go for a crazy size. We want that top pair to come along and call us down all the way. Maybe you are thinking, that a larger size would have gotten him to fold his flush draw. That is very unlikely, so you would just have lost a bigger pot.

Against better opponents at a higher limit game I lean towards just calling that donk bet to control the size of the pot. However in this case the result would have the same, since if you just call, then he will obviously continue betting, and you probably end up calling him down, unless he size to big.