£200 NLHE Full Ring: Turn decision 3-way after significant board texture change as preflop aggressor

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
£200 NLHE Full Ring: Turn decision 3-way after significant board texture change as preflop aggressor

£1/1 live weeknight full ring

UTG (Hero): £200 - tight image
UTG +1 (Villain): £400 stack - fairly tight player, no out of the line preflop or postflop play
UTG +3: £60 stack - recreational player, weak loose

UTG raised to £3 with JJ♦ , only UTG +1 and UTG +3 called.

Flop : (£11, 3 players)
A98

UTG bet £5, UTG+1 and UTG+3 called

Turn : (£26, 3 players)
UTG checked, UTG +1 bet £15, and UTG+3 folded. UTG called.

River : (£56, 2 players)
T
UTG bet £40, UTG +1 folded.

Looking back I don't like check-call turn and river bet-fold sizing against this particular villain. as villain likely raised sets on this flop so his turn bet range is likely Ax, JTs, 65s, KhQh and TT.

I am not sure if I had any bluff on this river as played. Perhaps need to turn KhKx or QhQx, into bluff range.

What do you think?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have some combos like AK; KK; QQ that may have fold equity.
I don't think you have many hands that you can turn into a bluff, since the turn the villain could protect some set, and probably call on the river.
Your hand blocks the main ladder but remains open below, although it is less likely due to the villain's position.
That could increase the bluffs range, perhaps on a KT line; QT; QK And I think not much else.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check-fold turn. You are basically drawing to a gutshot, and you are not getting a good enough price. Its also an option to check the flop, but betting is fine as well with the two backdoor draws.