Originally Posted by D'wilius
I don't understand why you'd do this
I'm the initial raiser and repopping it to $10 should narrow my range to my opponents to QQ+/AK. Now the calling stations in seats 4&7 will have to commit half their stacks just to see the flop so I expect them to go away 90% of the time. Seat 9's limp/raise is either a weak squeeze/isolation attempt or a trapping AA. Unless I've seen seat 9 trap before, at this level, I'm gonna side more to the weak squeeze and a range of 99+, AQs+, AKo. So I figure I have about a 30% chance to take the pot right now with my raise to $10, 60% chance seat 9 will flat call and 10% chance seat 9 will shove. Then on the flop since I have position on seat 9 I can evaluate what he does vs the flop texture keeping in mind that I've set my image to a big hand.
If I flat call this to set mine then I'm just drawing to 2 cards and even those 2 could be forfeited w/ a FD or SD on the flop w/ 4 players. I think 90% of the time I'll be folding my JJ on the flop. Plus calling behind after my initial raise really should narrow my range, to opponents, down to 88/99/TT/JJ/AK. And I could also see seat 4 or 7 with their smaller stacks try a shove w/ seat 9's weak raise and my weak raise/call. Now on the flop if any of the 3 hit a piece of it I expect I'll be faced with a 1/2 pot bet or more so if I do hit my set I'll have my stack committed if I play further and the flop could still be very bad.
So I like to play a bit more aggressively, I like my line better than the IMHO weaker line of calling behind to set mine. I like setting the pace here and think I can make things happen with my position.