How this hand was played?

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Hand #209685518973: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2020/03/01 9:55:53 EET [2020/03/01 2:55:53 ET]
Table 'Hertzsprung' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: 07Rus CHegem ($2 in chips)
Seat 2: moietypok ($0.92 in chips)
Seat 3: lechooo92 ($1.06 in chips)
Seat 4: Stevereno420 ($2.03 in chips)
Seat 5: pavluha13 ($0.78 in chips)
Seat 6: wolololow ($3.44 in chips)
Seat 7: ImJooS ($2.28 in chips)
Seat 8: xela99alex ($4.05 in chips)
Seat 9: Deegii0504 ($2.55 in chips)
Deegii0504: posts small blind $0.01
07Rus CHegem: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xela99alex [Kd Qd]
moietypok: folds
lechooo92: folds
Stevereno420: raises $0.04 to $0.06
pavluha13: folds
wolololow: folds
ImJooS: folds
xela99alex: calls $0.06
Deegii0504: calls $0.05
07Rus CHegem: calls $0.04
*** FLOP *** [Kc Js 4c]
Deegii0504: checks
07Rus CHegem: checks
Stevereno420: checks
xela99alex: bets $0.24
Deegii0504: calls $0.24
07Rus CHegem: calls $0.24
Stevereno420: folds
*** TURN *** [Kc Js 4c] [Kh]
xela99alex: bets $0.47
Deegii0504: calls $0.47
07Rus CHegem: folds
*** RIVER *** [Kc Js 4c Kh] [6c]
xela99alex: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Deegii0504: shows [3c 8c] (a flush, King high)
xela99alex: mucks hand
Deegii0504 collected $1.83 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.90 | Rake $0.07
Board [Kc Js 4c Kh 6c]
Seat 1: 07Rus CHegem (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 2: moietypok folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: lechooo92 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Stevereno420 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: pavluha13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: wolololow folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: ImJooS folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: xela99alex (button) mucked [Kd Qd]
Seat 9: Deegii0504 (small blind) showed [3c 8c] and won ($1.83) with a flush, King high

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
PokerStars Hand #209685518973: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2020/03/01 9:55:53 EET [2020/03/01 2:55:53 ET]
Table 'Hertzsprung' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: 07Rus CHegem ($2 in chips)
Seat 2: moietypok ($0.92 in chips)
Seat 3: lechooo92 ($1.06 in chips)
Seat 4: Stevereno420 ($2.03 in chips)
Seat 5: pavluha13 ($0.78 in chips)
Seat 6: wolololow ($3.44 in chips)
Seat 7: ImJooS ($2.28 in chips)
Seat 8: xela99alex ($4.05 in chips)
Seat 9: Deegii0504 ($2.55 in chips)
Deegii0504: posts small blind $0.01
07Rus CHegem: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xela99alex [Kd Qd]
moietypok: folds
lechooo92: folds
Stevereno420: raises $0.04 to $0.06
pavluha13: folds
wolololow: folds
ImJooS: folds
xela99alex: calls $0.06
Deegii0504: calls $0.05
07Rus CHegem: calls $0.04
*** FLOP *** [Kc Js 4c]
Stevereno420: checks
xela99alex: bets $0.24
Deegii0504: calls $0.24
07Rus CHegem: calls $0.24
Stevereno420: folds
*** TURN *** [Kc Js 4c] K♥
xela99alex: bets $0.47
Deegii0504: calls $0.47
07Rus CHegem: folds
*** RIVER *** [Kc Js 4c Kh] 6♣
xela99alex: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Deegii0504: shows [3c 8c] (a flush, King high)
xela99alex: mucks hand
Deegii0504 collected $1.83 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.90 | Rake $0.07
Board [Kc Js 4c Kh 6c]
Seat 1: 07Rus CHegem (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 2: moietypok folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: lechooo92 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Stevereno420 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: pavluha13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: wolololow folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: ImJooS folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: xela99alex (button) mucked [Kd Qd]
Seat 9: Deegii0504 (small blind) showed [3c 8c] and won ($1.83) with a flush, King high

I think you played this hand quite reasonably. I would argue that you should raise pre-flop. You have a strong hand and being on the button, you will have ultimate position for the rest of the hand. By calling you are pricing the blinds in to call with almost any two cards.

After that, I think everything is pretty standard both your bets and the villains calls.

I'm guessing you posted this because you felt like you got sucked out on or your opponent got lucky. You need to get away from this way of thinking. You WANT him to call you flop and turn bets. Sometimes he will spike his flush and you lose, but most of the time, he won't and you will pick up the nice pot.

Run this through an equity calculator and work out how often you win and how much money you will win in the long term if you play the same way again.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't see any hard mistake made by you, maybe you just need to be more resilient.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I agree with the previous post. The kids have it rough have to design three different methods to start to find out later how to take an opponent when it comes to that bet. Option 1 do for hand 1-3 playing to that situation. Option 2 do for hand 4-6 playing till that situation. Option 3 do for a hand 7-9 playing to that situation. Best two out of three. According to song by meatloaf that aint bad.

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played this hand quite reasonably. I would argue that you should raise pre-flop. You have a strong hand and being on the button, you will have ultimate position for the rest of the hand. By calling you are pricing the blinds in to call with almost any two cards.

After that, I think everything is pretty standard both your bets and the villains calls.

I'm guessing you posted this because you felt like you got sucked out on or your opponent got lucky. You need to get away from this way of thinking. You WANT him to call you flop and turn bets. Sometimes he will spike his flush and you lose, but most of the time, he won't and you will pick up the nice pot.

Run this through an equity calculator and work out how often you win and how much money you will win in the long term if you play the same way again.
Thanks for the tips !

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked this play. You did not give your opponent a good pot odds and despite the fact that you lost this play, you will be in the profit for a long distance

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, calling and 3-betting are both fine options here. I would lean towards 3-betting, if there were aggressive squeezers in the blinds, or if I was facing a mini-raise. However with a standard 3BB raise and fish in the blinds, just calling is a lot better.

Someone talked about “pricing out the blinds”, but when SB call a 3BB open raise with 83s, he is making a mistake, and we want him to make that mistake. If we 3-bet, he probably fold, which actually mean, he is playing perfect. We also take away his ability to make further mistakes after the flop, which is a pretty big thing, when we have position on a fish.

Flop
Definitely betting for value, when it checks around to me. I dont think, anyone has AA or AK, because the players in the blinds would have 3-bet those hands, and the player in MP would have C-bet the flop. So you pretty much only lose, when someone in the blinds flopped two pair or a set. Your size however was very large. You potted it, and this is somewhat unconventional. Even in a soft game I would probably go a bit smaller like 2/3 pot.

Turn
Now you almost certainly have the best hand, unless someone was slowplaying a set. So definitely betting for value again, but now your size is only half pot, which seem a bit small. Your bet sizes do seem a little bit random to me, and this is something, you should work on.

River
I really like, that you checked back. A lot of people would bet again, because “LOL I have trips”, but if you think about his range, this is actually now getting to thin. Its not, that he always has a flush, but there are simply not enough worse hands, that will still call, compared to the hands, that now beat you.

Maybe you can still bet for value against a really crazy fish, who cant fold anything, but against even just slightly competent opponents this is a spot, where you need to check back. You got your value on the flop and turn, and now its time to think about losing the least, when you are beat.

And to be honest I feel it like a victory, when I get shown a flush here. He called on the turn with incorrect odds and got no payment in the end. This is not going to be a winning strategy in the long run, so while you lost the battle, you are going to win the war against someone like this.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
100% pot c-bet flop? Why?

PokerStars Hand #209685518973: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2020/03/01 9:55:53 EET [2020/03/01 2:55:53 ET]

Hello there jumaischi, thank you very much for posting your hand.

Preflop:

You have position and a very strong hand, now you only need to know that there is a recreational player in the SB, BB or both position.
Well, I don't play too much Full Ring, but I believe we would be calling here more than 3-betting, because MP could easily have AK, AQ, AJ in a spot like this and 4-bet us, putting us in a very boring spot.
The call is also good because it seems that SB and BB are recreational ones.

Flop:

It comes in check for you in a 4-handed pot and you elect to make a 100% pot bet?
Well, we are holding KQ suited, and the flop is KJ4, so we are blocking most of combinations that Villain's could have to pay us:
We are blocking even some crazy KQ, KJ, and QJ mostly, knowing that almost never SB and BB have AK, because they would be Squeezing more often than calling here, it is safe to say you are blocking either AK, it will only depend of the player in the MP.
MP can call you here with flush draws, straight draws and AK, AJ, there aren't too many hands possible in a scenario like this.
I understand you want to protect your hand so bad, but you also have to understand that when recreational players pick up so equity, THEY NEVER FOLD! It doesn't matter if you have a Set with KK here, or a Set with QQ here, (which you would never have too because you would be 3-betting these hands more than calling), or TPTK, when you bet 100% pot, the recreational one will see it as better odds:

The problem of too much polarization and exploitation in the flop:

Okay, when you bet 100% pot here because the players are recreational and get called, knowing for sure that in a scenario like this, a fish is paying without odds with draws, when it completes the recreational's equity bringing flushes/straights in the turn/river, you would simply could not fold your hand, because you already invested too much and it will be very weak for you to fold, no matter if flushes, straights or double pairs rivers!
Having information that fishes doesn't fold too much their draws, I would not make the pot grow very much before the turn: in the Turn when they insist to continue chasing their draws, you can go for 70% to 200% pot at the micros, for protection, with your value range (and out tiny/small bluffing range)
However, making the pot grows so much in a high connected flop, with 3-players to speak, and MP could be easily checking here AK, AJ, KK, AA, KJ, well...

The Turn brings a very good card for our range and now, instead of increasing the sizing of your bets, you decrease, giving "good odds" for the recreational player to continue with all of its draws, because you had bet nearly 1/2 pot, which is very small, specially because you are deep stacked: put the onus on the back of your enemies and do not help them to pursuit their draws.

River:

Make a note that SB is a recreational player who has a pretty wide calling range preflop, and it chases any kind of flushes with any kind of non-sense bad kickers. Note that when SB completes its flush in the River it CHECKS to you. SB was simply waiting for you to bet and burn all of your blinds.
However, what the player in the SB will never notice is that when we bet this river we either have a better flush than the fish or a boat, and the SB WILL CALL in spite of you having a nutted flush or a boat, which is awesome! Take notes of who you are playing with.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
I think, calling and 3-betting are both fine options here. I would lean towards 3-betting, if there were aggressive squeezers in the blinds, or if I was facing a mini-raise. However with a standard 3BB raise and fish in the blinds, just calling is a lot better.

Someone talked about “pricing out the blinds”, but when SB call a 3BB open raise with 83s, he is making a mistake, and we want him to make that mistake. If we 3-bet, he probably fold, which actually mean, he is playing perfect. We also take away his ability to make further mistakes after the flop, which is a pretty big thing, when we have position on a fish.

Flop
Definitely betting for value, when it checks around to me. I dont think, anyone has AA or AK, because the players in the blinds would have 3-bet those hands, and the player in MP would have C-bet the flop. So you pretty much only lose, when someone in the blinds flopped two pair or a set. Your size however was very large. You potted it, and this is somewhat unconventional. Even in a soft game I would probably go a bit smaller like 2/3 pot.

Turn
Now you almost certainly have the best hand, unless someone was slowplaying a set. So definitely betting for value again, but now your size is only half pot, which seem a bit small. Your bet sizes do seem a little bit random to me, and this is something, you should work on.

River
I really like, that you checked back. A lot of people would bet again, because “LOL I have trips”, but if you think about his range, this is actually now getting to thin. Its not, that he always has a flush, but there are simply not enough worse hands, that will still call, compared to the hands, that now beat you.

Maybe you can still bet for value against a really crazy fish, who cant fold anything, but against even just slightly competent opponents this is a spot, where you need to check back. You got your value on the flop and turn, and now its time to think about losing the least, when you are beat.

And to be honest I feel it like a victory, when I get shown a flush here. He called on the turn with incorrect odds and got no payment in the end. This is not going to be a winning strategy in the long run, so while you lost the battle, you are going to win the war against someone like this.
Thank you for the comment ,I realy apreciate that you take your time to wrote down all of this!and tnx for those good coments!

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello there jumaischi, thank you very much for posting your hand.

Preflop:

You have position and a very strong hand, now you only need to know that there is a recreational player in the SB, BB or both position.
Well, I don't play too much Full Ring, but I believe we would be calling here more than 3-betting, because MP could easily have AK, AQ, AJ in a spot like this and 4-bet us, putting us in a very boring spot.
The call is also good because it seems that SB and BB are recreational ones.

Flop:

It comes in check for you in a 4-handed pot and you elect to make a 100% pot bet?
Well, we are holding KQ suited, and the flop is KJ4, so we are blocking most of combinations that Villain's could have to pay us:
We are blocking even some crazy KQ, KJ, and QJ mostly, knowing that almost never SB and BB have AK, because they would be Squeezing more often than calling here, it is safe to say you are blocking either AK, it will only depend of the player in the MP.
MP can call you here with flush draws, straight draws and AK, AJ, there aren't too many hands possible in a scenario like this.
I understand you want to protect your hand so bad, but you also have to understand that when recreational players pick up so equity, THEY NEVER FOLD! It doesn't matter if you have a Set with KK here, or a Set with QQ here, (which you would never have too because you would be 3-betting these hands more than calling), or TPTK, when you bet 100% pot, the recreational one will see it as better odds:

The problem of too much polarization and exploitation in the flop:

Okay, when you bet 100% pot here because the players are recreational and get called, knowing for sure that in a scenario like this, a fish is paying without odds with draws, when it completes the recreational's equity bringing flushes/straights in the turn/river, you would simply could not fold your hand, because you already invested too much and it will be very weak for you to fold, no matter if flushes, straights or double pairs rivers!
Having information that fishes doesn't fold too much their draws, I would not make the pot grow very much before the turn: in the Turn when they insist to continue chasing their draws, you can go for 70% to 200% pot at the micros, for protection, with your value range (and out tiny/small bluffing range)
However, making the pot grows so much in a high connected flop, with 3-players to speak, and MP could be easily checking here AK, AJ, KK, AA, KJ, well...

The Turn brings a very good card for our range and now, instead of increasing the sizing of your bets, you decrease, giving "good odds" for the recreational player to continue with all of its draws, because you had bet nearly 1/2 pot, which is very small, specially because you are deep stacked: put the onus on the back of your enemies and do not help them to pursuit their draws.

River:

Make a note that SB is a recreational player who has a pretty wide calling range preflop, and it chases any kind of flushes with any kind of non-sense bad kickers. Note that when SB completes its flush in the River it CHECKS to you. SB was simply waiting for you to bet and burn all of your blinds.
However, what the player in the SB will never notice is that when we bet this river we either have a better flush than the fish or a boat, and the SB WILL CALL in spite of you having a nutted flush or a boat, which is awesome! Take notes of who you are playing with.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa
This is a long commnent and a good one....thank you sir...I will make sure that I will wrote down those tips

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Completely agree with fundiver.

You could 3bet preflop but KQs is a very nice hand to play post flop with position so I prefer the call.

Your bet sizes are a bit random indeed.
I believe a 35%-70% if the board is completely dry or wet. Since here there are draws a bet around 70% is fine.
And on the turn bet bigger Around 70-85% of the pot.

Other than that I think you played your hand fine, although you could probably bet the river too.
But since you were against 4 people on the flop then the probability that someone could have continued with a flush draw it's higher than if you were against one.
So checking back is fine.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands