Total posts
Chips
Ok fishy player in SB 3-bets my BU OR.

Cash game.

BU 10s 10c (101BB)
SB AhAd (139.2BB)

BU OR x3BB
SB 3bets x10BB

BU calls (since villain has 18% 3bet and had been v lag)

Flop 6s 3s Js

Villain shoves 129BB eq56.4
I’m allin w 93.4BB eq43.6.

I’m shoving because I have the right eq and I know he is a lag bullying player. Plus a shove is crazy if you have it here unless opp has ptsd.

Any thoughts?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sorry but I did not understand what is ptsd, BU OR

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the answer you wanna get from this hand? You want us to tell you god call, cooler??? This hand is not something that you should put much thoughts in it but if you like, we could discuss it.

First of all, i would fold flop, there is not much that you beat in his 3b range that will shove there, and you only beat FD here and you're blocking one spade so the chances that he have FD are even lower.

What eq do you mean? you mean against AA? You shouldn't look at it that way cuz you will never know his exact holding, you will play against a range

N

Npchapman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the answer you wanna get from this hand? You want us to tell you god call, cooler??? This hand is not something that you should put much thoughts in it but if you like, we could discuss it.

First of all, i would fold flop, there is not much that you beat in his 3b range that will shove there, and you only beat FD here and you're blocking one spade so the chances that he have FD are even lower.

What eq do you mean? you mean against AA? You shouldn't look at it that way cuz you will never know his exact holding, you will play against a range

Actually, I won the hand. What I was wondering was if it was a bad call. The player a ref thought it was. You cannot fold to a high 3bettor and seeing a flop is better than being pushed around. 10 10 beats AK so most of his 3 bet range I beat. However, the shove was the flop. So was it a good call?

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Havent i already posted that i would be more prone to fold flop...
In low limits bu vs sb tt was a 4b ai back when i played iirr

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As of was it a bad play... i dont think it was a bad play, i think of it as more of a marginal spot that is safer to avoit of youre prone to tilt. Every 50/50 55/45 situation can make us tilt if we have a bad run, its better to avoid this imho. There are lot of easier spots to profit at micros than this but thats just my 2 cets

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually against his exact hand you were not getting the right price to call it off. You were calling roughly 90BB to win a pot of 200BB, so you needed 45% equity and only had 43,6%. And in top of that there is rake, so in reality you were calling 90 BB to win around 190BB depending on the site, which mean, you needed 47,5% equity.

Of course he had a range and not a specific hand, so this in itself does not prove, it was a bad call. However I think, its fair to say, that he never has complete air like AK with no flushdraw. He always has something. Either a made hand, that he want to "protect" from another club rolling off or a draw, which is better than your draw. Or he simply go "LOL I flopped the nuts" and then go all in with a flush without thinking about, if this is the best way to get paid.

Since we dont really know, what he is doing or why, it is best to assign him a range of all the hands, we could imagine, he would do this with. So any overpair with or without a club, JJ for top set, all the A high or K high flushdraws, AJ with or without a club, all the realistic made flushes. And against that range you had around 30% equity, so him having with AA no club was actually sort of a better case scenario.

All in all I would just fold here and look for a better spot. There will be plenty of chances to stack a maniac, which are better than calling off a 4,5 times the pot overbet with a bad pair and a bad draw, which is, what your hand was. DrazaFFT has a very good point, that calling and losing here is fairly tilting for most people, which is another good reason to take the spot off.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You're calling 93 bb to win 114 bb. How did you figure you had the right eq here? Unless you put him on a range that consists of air only.

N

Npchapman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Actually against his exact hand you were not getting the right price to call it off. You were calling roughly 90BB to win a pot of 200BB, so you needed 45% equity and only had 43,6%. And in top of that there is rake, so in reality you were calling 90 BB to win around 190BB depending on the site, which mean, you needed 47,5% equity.

Of course he had a range and not a specific hand, so this in itself does not prove, it was a bad call. However I think, its fair to say, that he never has complete air like AK with no flushdraw. He always has something. Either a made hand, that he want to "protect" from another club rolling off or a draw, which is better than your draw. Or he simply go "LOL I flopped the nuts" and then go all in with a flush without thinking about, if this is the best way to get paid.

Since we dont really know, what he is doing or why, it is best to assign him a range of all the hands, we could imagine, he would do this with. So any overpair with or without a club, JJ for top set, all the A high or K high flushdraws, AJ with or without a club, all the realistic made flushes. And against that range you had around 30% equity, so him having with AA no club was actually sort of a better case scenario.

All in all I would just fold here and look for a better spot. There will be plenty of chances to stack a maniac, which are better than calling off a 4,5 times the pot overbet with a bad pair and a bad draw, which is, what your hand was. DrazaFFT has a very good point, that calling and losing here is fairly tilting for most people, which is another good reason to take the spot off.

Good answer and really what I meant by my question. Sometimes you have to go with your gut and here I did. On balance it was a fold I guess. Thanks.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands