€10 NLHE 6-max: AA vs regular

N

NavasTolosa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I recently player this hand against a regular. This is somebody who I usually see winning money (i.e having more than the max buy-in in his/her bankroll) but also have seen limp and fold too often. In this hand, He/She was quite relentless and I ended up folding suspecting something fishy was going on. On second thought, I might have folded to another pocket pair w/o a set.

Thank you all for your insight!

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - €0.05/€0.10 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: €12.69 (127 bb)
MP: €11.16 (112 bb)
CO: €15.16 (152 bb)
BU (Hero): €11.25 (113 bb)
SB: €10.56 (106 bb)
BB: €14.42 (144 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.15) Hero is BTN with A A
1 fold, MP raises to €0.26, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to €0.92, 2 players fold, MP calls €0.66

Flop: (€1.99) 4 7 T (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets €0.99, MP calls €0.99

Turn: (€3.97) 4 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: (€3.97) J (2 players)
MP bets €1.98, BU (Hero) folds

Total pot: €3.97 (Rake: €0.19)
MP wins €3.78

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should bet turn in my opinion.
Checking the turn and not calling on the river with top over-pair is exploitable play and not recommended unless you have a solid read on your opponent. Just call it off, he might even made a thin value bet with KK hoping you call him off with AK or AQ.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow.
You should bet turn.
As played I am never folding to this river bet.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this is extra terrible. The stack to pot ratio is like 4.5 on the flop, and that board is great for your hand. The turn card is great for your hand. Folding here is burning money.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes cbet turn and maybe river again if he is not donking. i would also check back flop if he folds much

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we need to call here given the odds, calling 2 to win 6 is a spot we want to be in when we are this far up in our range.

We also have the Ad blocker which is super important, the best flush combo he can have is KdQd, and after that Kd9d.

Also, what is your reasoning for checking turn? Are you afraid of 4x?

777alex777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your play in 3bet pot with AA very frightened. You should think more about how to make a profit with a strong hand. Error to come up with the enemy's hand top of the range, forgetting that a strong player or a maniac can bluff without a hand. With players with high wtsd I would bet on the turn myself, and with players with low wtsd but high "wwsf" and "bet ws miss cbet" it is better to play through the check of the turn

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow.
You should bet turn.
As played I am never folding to this river bet.

I like the the open size and the C-bet on the flop. Hero needs to decide how many streets of
value AA is worth. I would say 2. Flop is one 1 so its either the check turn call/bet river or bet turn. Checking back the turn does two things. It makes Hero's hand look weaker and pretty much guarantees Hero will see the river. Cs_rlewis is right, Hero needs to call the river, ESPECIALLY since the board paired. IMHO it is very unlikely Villain has a 4. Ergo Hero is only losing to TT and 77 with his Aces over 4s. He is beating KK, QQ, JJ, AT, A7, T7 and bluffs and needs to call €1.98 to win €5.95. Definitely a MUST call, IMHO.