Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live poker $1/$2Hero=50BB
Villain 1= 80BB (nit)
Villain 2= 350BB (loose)
Villain 3=1000BB (very loose)

I'm on the button:villain 1 in SB, villain 2 3rd pos and villain 3 behind me.

I have A/4c. Villain 3 raises 3BB preflop. Everyone flat calls.

Flop comes Ad/3c/Jd

Villain 1 raises 13BB, villain 2 calls, villain 3 folds. I'm in position and either have to fold or go all in. I fold.

Next card 10d. Villain 1 goes all in. Villain 2 calls. V1 has Jc/9h. V2 pocket queens.

River comes up blank and I would've taken the pot.

Can someone please tell me this was a good fold? I was picturing A/K, A/J, a set on flop, something like that?!

Thanks in advance!

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So my question here is: Why call preflop with Ax and fold to a A high flop?
In my opinion it's bad fold.Yes they could have a better A but they could have alot of combination of hands that you beat. KQ/QJ/Jx/ and small pairs.
And since your stack is small then you should fold pre, or shove if you hit the flop.And since you have an A and an A is on the flop then is more unlikely for the villains to have an A.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not play this hand.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you thought preflop the villain could have Ax you should have folded due to your small stack.
By entering the flop and getting flop=Ayy, and the nit raising 13BB you ended up in trouble. Given the post flop situation, assuming the nit might very well have AJ, folding is not bad, it's by far the cheapest way out.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There were no good folds because you lost. The first case was a more reasonable than the second. In the second you could try it.

Chito

Chito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No troll, this looks like a clear fold pre.

Cinzento

Cinzento

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no call at preflop. You are in 3-bet pot with 3 players . You can push with QQ+,AK, AKs, but with A4s only "easy fold".

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ace Rag really isn't a good hand at all, especially in this situation. As others have said, should have folded preflop. Too many other players that are likely to have your hand beat unless you got a REALLY lucky flop, which you didn't.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live poker $1/$2Hero=50BB
Villain 1= 80BB (nit)
Villain 2= 350BB (loose)
Villain 3=1000BB (very loose)

I'm on the button:villain 1 in SB, villain 2 3rd pos and villain 3 behind me.

I have A/4c. Villain 3 raises 3BB preflop. Everyone flat calls.

Flop comes Ad/3c/Jd

Villain 1 raises 13BB, villain 2 calls, villain 3 folds. I'm in position and either have to fold or go all in. I fold.

Next card 10d. Villain 1 goes all in. Villain 2 calls. V1 has Jc/9h. V2 pocket queens.

River comes up blank and I would've taken the pot.

Can someone please tell me this was a good fold? I was picturing A/K, A/J, a set on flop, something like that?!

Thanks in advance!
What did you put them on preflop based on bet sizing?In live games pay close attention to facial expressions during preflop play.
I only suggest this because I see you only had 50BB, which might mean you just joined a table with little experience playing live.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You went on the adventure, but did not have success. In poker, it happens, what can you do. It was necessary to play fold.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to avoid playing Ace rags. If you do play them and hit your ace then you gotta be agressive because why play it in the first place? What are you calling preflop to try to hit two pairs or straight?

I gotta say, few things infuriates players more than villain playing ace rag and hitting the ace against your QQ or KK. Put them on tilt then take more of their money. Could work. But only if you get lucky.