T

trebor1993

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently playing 1-3 full ring max 300 buy in
Stack of 500
Open raised to 13 from UTG+1 to 9-8 diamonds (I had a relatively tight image)
Weak player (had been a calling station so far) to my left flatted (stack behind of ~150).
Button flatted (stack 600), big blind called. 4 runners, pot of 55.
Flop came Kd, Qh, 3d. BB checked, I opened to 37.
Weak player and button flatted, BB folded.
Turn was 5c. I bet 87, putting player to my left all in. He called. Button folded.
I was originally targeting the button as I put him on top or second pair.
Player to my left turned over 6-5 diamonds, for a pair of 5s, and the river missed for my flush.
Any thoughts on this hand?
I feel like the main mistakes I made were trying to semi-bluff a weak opponent who had been calling with any two cards all night, and should I have not opened on that flop from early position?

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Player to my left turned over 6-5 diamonds, for a pair of 5s, and the river missed for my flush.
Any thoughts on this hand?
I feel like the main mistakes I made were trying to semi-bluff a weak opponent who had been calling with any two cards all night, and should I have not opened on that flop from early position?

You feel right :D First of, never bluff a station. They make it easy for you when you have value and if you dont rather try and realize youre equity. Most dont often bet themselfs and if they do, they often size wrong and you get good odds. If they spazz around just make a disciplined fold and wait for a better spot.

Having a tight image is one thing, but playing suited connectors OOP is the other. We dont want to open these hands from early postion as they are often dominated postflop by stronger pairs and life more from theire "playability" than from there raw equity vs other hands. We want to play SC IP to be able to apply pressure on our opponents with our semibluffs.

Knowing that we have a station to our left we must asume that he will call for sure, and that beacause of that late positions can profitably call a pretty wide range and/ or even worse try to squeeze us out of the pot to isolate the Fish. So im not a big fan of that play.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's kind of bad that this would be your worst flushdraw you have on that spot and you put a station all in with it.
When the station is low bet for value