$50 PLO 6-max: top 2pr facing heat!

N

nkat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP is like 90VPIP.. super loose, kinda small sample likr 50 hands, but can still tell has a v. wide range. CO is 18/7 over a decent sample.

First.. preflop... I think it's marginal.. not that good of a hand but I do have the button. Maybe limping along is better. Thoughts?

Flop.. Mp has a pretty wide range, CO won't have too many sets given preflop stats and MP may be blocking outs to draws.. I considered all 3 options..

just folding because whatever CO has my equity isn't amazing and I could be crushed or at best flipping vs him... back door clubs make a bit of a difference here..

Calling to get it in on certain turns.. folding spades for sure and then I'm not sure about others. Any club I'm going with it of course. 8s/8h, Js/Jh could be tricky.. but for 1/2 a pot left I don't know.. I doubt they're a fold.

And all in.. which I think is my worst option.

Those are my thoughts.. yours?

$0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players

SB: $30.15 (60.3 bb)
BB: $42.33 (84.7 bb)
MP: $10 (20 bb)
CO: $69.09 (138.2 bb)
Hero (BTN): $100.61 (201.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T
heart4.gif
club4.gif
K
heart4.gif
club4.gif

MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.75, 2 folds, MP calls $2.25, CO calls $2.25

Flop: ($9) 3
spade4.gif
spade4.gif
T
club4.gif
(3 players)
MP bets $7.25 and is all-in, CO raises to $30.30, Hero???

Last edited:
DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 2c is a dangler, so you're essentially playing a 3 card hand in a 4 card game, I would fold preflop but if you are confident you can get away from trouble flops (like this one) cheaply then limping might be a better play.

Considering top set 10s can be an under-dog on this flop to a massive draw (and if they don't have a draw best case they have the same made hand?) I am folding to a pot and a re-pot with top 2 pair only.

There are lots of good spots in these games, I'm definitely waiting for better than this one.

GL at the tables! :)

N

nkat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for response..

The thing about this hand is that the 1st guy who shoves is absurdly loose so co could be isolating wide-ish post flop. Does that change your answer at all?

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for response..

The thing about this hand is that the 1st guy who shoves is absurdly loose so co could be isolating wide-ish post flop. Does that change your answer at all?

Sure it's a consideration but loose players can flop sets too and there's also a reasonable player saying "I have him crushed". If we had a set of 9's I would happier because we can beat a random set of treys occasionally.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this seems like an easy spot where we're never ahead, usually flipping, sometimes crushed. And we don't have the greatest pot odds, so I just dump it.