$50 NLHE Full Ring: Turning pocket 8's into a bluff

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need some input on this hand. I was proud of myself for this one, I think I played this one well.

I took a shot at $.25/$.50 last night, I did well and almost doubled my buy-in. Up to $179 and change now from starting at $25 and grinding from $.01/$.02.
The play at $.25/.$50 is so much better than $.01/$.02

The hand was fairly standard until the river. As soon as the river came, villain insta-bet and I tanked, going into my time bank, really going through the hand in my head, and then made my action. He then tanked and ultimately folded.

He was insulting me in the chat after, saying “dumb chaser, sucking out” etc.

And then I asked him if he had QQ (which is what I put him on, Queens or Kings) and he said:

gI9GgT2.png

Trabendo_daze

Trabendo_daze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a side note if your BR really is $179 you're playing with fire playing 50NL. I probably wouldn't go higher than 10NL with that BR and even that is pushing it.

Onto the hand. I think it's pretty solid and I also don't believe he bet the river with QQ.

The flop call is clear.

We can fold turn since the 3 should be a bad barrel card and he shouldn't be too bluff heavy. Calling again though with dastardly intentions on a lot of rivers isn't a bad idea since we can feasibly rep a lot of things.

Thumbs up from me.

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a side note if your BR really is $179 you're playing with fire playing 50NL. I probably wouldn't go higher than 10NL with that BR and even that is pushing it.

Onto the hand. I think it's pretty solid and I also don't believe he bet the river with QQ.

The flop call is clear.

We can fold turn since the 3 should be a bad barrel card and he shouldn't be too bluff heavy. Calling again though with dastardly intentions on a lot of rivers isn't a bad idea since we can feasibly rep a lot of things.

Thumbs up from me.

Regarding the bankroll, yeah I usually don't sit down with more than 3% of my BR. But like I said, I was taking a shot.

I think folding the turn is a bad fold though... 88 is still the best hand a lot of the time.

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding the bankroll, yeah I usually don't sit down with more than 3% of my BR. But like I said, I was taking a shot.

I think folding the turn is a bad fold though... 88 is still the best hand a lot of the time.

Actually, on second thought, I guess I am not beating much on the turn and could possibly find a fold.