$50 NLHE Full Ring: Top Pair Better Kicker on Flush Draw board

A

arun9179

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

This happened in one of the Home Game. I play with Villain every week. He is a strong player who has a decent starting hand range like 22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T2s+, 92s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, AQo+, KJo+

He is also coming for the Pot if we have gut shot draws, I remember one hand Where he had A2D Flow was 4d 5c kH , He Called a $150 in a multiway pot and hit the Gutshot.

I have lost to him couple of big pots where he has a better 2 pair made in the River or Better kicker.

Here is the Hand details

SB .10
Villain . 25 ( He had around $80)
MP 1 .25
MP 2 .25
Hero ( Myself) AD JH Raised to $6 ( I had around $100)
Button calls to $6
SB Calls
BB Calls
MP1 Calls
MP2 Calls

Its expected the plot to blot for $6 bet, Usually $12 bet sometimes isolates people but I don't want to bet that much as i did last 2 hands and lost money.

POT was $30
Flop was
AH 6C and 9C

SB Checks
BB Check
MP1 Bet $12 ( He is a very loose player)
MP2 Bet $12
Button Call
SB Folds
BB shoves ALL In
MP1 folds
MP2 Folds

Button -? There is $140 around the pot and I need to bet around 62. I am getting around 1:2.2.

I folded my hand worried about drawing flush or he already has a 2 pair or a set mining hand.
He folded.

Though I won a big pot that night. This stuck in my mind and always wondering how to handle the situation with Top Pair Top kicker against 2 Pair and Set mining Hands?

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation - multiway it is a hard but good fold. Sometimes yes you are bluffed but most of the time it is 2pair or better. And even when you are bluffed it is against a good draw with heaps of equity. Make these folds and get chips in other hands when you can value bet relentlessly.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, your J is not the top kicker lets clear that one out first, but you have to raise and go all the way to the river with top pair. In home game, you don't fold top pair because people play too loose and it is a fun and friendly environment. Unless, this is a special home game where the house charge money per pot then you would approach top pair a bit more careful.

Full Flush Poker