$50 NLHE 6-max Zoom: Quads vs full house

Kenshin93

Kenshin93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So i have played this insane hand the other day, and am wondering could i have played it better? Or rather should i have lost less. Villan is unknow as this is zoom on stars. Any imput would be much appreciated. Thx in advance.!

pokerstars Zoom Hand #204910434530: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2019/10/05 23:34:42 CET [2019/10/05 17:34:42 ET]
Table 'Baade' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: likeaboss143 ($245.20 in chips)
Seat 2: 19Argento8 ($15.24 in chips)
Seat 3: JungoPS ($50.75 in chips)
Seat 4: borzi25 ($62.36 in chips)
Seat 5: SojuroSeta ($62.77 in chips)
Seat 6: ForMaMaShkA ($182.15 in chips)
19Argento8: posts small blind $0.25
JungoPS: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SojuroSeta [Js Jh]
borzi25: folds
SojuroSeta: raises $0.75 to $1.25
ForMaMaShkA: calls $1.25
likeaboss143: folds
19Argento8: folds
JungoPS: folds
*** FLOP *** [9h 7s 7c]
SojuroSeta: checks
ForMaMaShkA: checks
*** TURN *** [9h 7s 7c] [9d]
ForMaMaShkA: bets $1.55
SojuroSeta: calls $1.55
*** RIVER *** [9h 7s 7c 9d] [Jd]
ForMaMaShkA: bets $18
SojuroSeta: raises $18 to $36
ForMaMaShkA: raises $62 to $98
SojuroSeta: calls $23.97 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($38.03) returned to ForMaMaShkA
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ForMaMaShkA: shows [7d 7h] (four of a kind, Sevens)
SojuroSeta: shows [Js Jh] (a full house, Jacks full of Nines)
ForMaMaShkA collected $124.29 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $126.29 | Rake $2
Board [9h 7s 7c 9d Jd]
Seat 1: likeaboss143 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: 19Argento8 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: JungoPS (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: borzi25 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: SojuroSeta showed [Js Jh] and lost with a full house, Jacks full of Nines
Seat 6: ForMaMaShkA showed [7d 7h] and won ($124.29) with four of a kind, Sevens

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know if a 2.5x 3bet is aggressive enough with JJ. Beyond that, what is up with the check on the flop? You should be able to value bet here against a good chunk of your villain's range.

On the river, you could accept the fact that your full house is the third best hand on this board and just call instead of trying to put the entire stack on the line. But that may not be optimal I guess..

I personally don't like seeing a massive overbet on the river when I just made my strongest hand. I don't know if I would call the $18 or not. It's just one of those situations where I would not be happy with either a fold or a call there, but I wouldn't go for a raise. Given the villain is unknown and seems to know what he is doing based on the stack size, I would give them the benefit of the doubt here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly this hand is just one of those annoying cooler spots, and going broke is 100% ok. But that being said I do think, you played it a bit backwards. You should have build the pot on the flop and turn, but of course in this case that would only have sealed your faith on the river further, if he decided to slowplay, which people often do with quads.

Since I am not seeing the river like this, I dont think, its all that interesting. But I guess, you could just call, when he overbet 3X the pot. And if you are going to raise, then why not just go all in? By leaving yourself around a third of your stack behind, you are allowing him to potentially get away cheaper, and you still get stacked, when he have quads, so you are giving yourself the worst of both worlds.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, bad luck with that hand, after the flop it was lost money, I think your raise in the pre-flop was a bit low but I don't think there would have been much difference, the only way you might have been able to save some money was by betting on the flop this if the villain had decided to raise your bet that check was very bad there was no reason to do so and the explanation is very simple does not happen in this case but if you raise in the pre-flop and the villain calls you must put it in a range as a minimum Ax or KQ if the villain is a very loose player, then starting from that (I repeat this was not the case) you should not give the turn and river for free for that reason the check after the flop was wrong. but in the end that nothing really matters that river would make you put all your money on the table and unfortunately you were going to lose there were not many options to save money after the river

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should be betting flop here, right? He's calling with worse.

If he calls a flop bet, then turn is a little tricky. We can check-call, or bet out as a blocker, but we don't much like a raise in that spot- if he's a good player, a turn raise could be a bluff with K high, etc. We arent folding unless we have more info.

On river getting it in is inevitable. Only losing to quads, and this guy could be slow playing flopped trips that turned a house for sure when he raises.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you're not ready to play at this level of bets yet.
The villain on the river has made you a depolarized bet. This means that it is an extravagant size, and it represents a very strong hand. And perhaps it is the strongest of all possibilities. (In this case, it was the second strongest possible hand).
In the face of such disproportionate betting sizes, you must be sure that you have the best possible hand, or at least the second best possible hand.
Greetings