Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 235.7 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 7)
SB: 51.94 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 66.67, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 4)
BB: 178.94 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
MP: 128.04 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
Hero (CO): 100.24 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 2:spade: T:club: J:spade:
UTG checks, Hero bets 9.5 BB, UTG calls 9.5 BB

Sofar standard play for me. Could raise bigger on the flop but I see no reason to do so against the player pool that is folding 42% against a cbet in a 3bet pot. Villain calls so that means he has something.

Turn: (38.5 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
UTG checks, Hero checks

9 of diamonds is actually a good card for me as I pack up a open ended straight draw now. I decide to check and root for a K.

River: (38.5 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
UTG bets 28.16 BB, Hero calls 28.16 BB

Argh not the river I hoped for now AK gets there and that is one of his most likely holdings. Could you fold your top set on such a board ?

UTG shows K:heart: A:heart: (Straight, Ace High)
(Pre 46%, Flop 27%, Turn 11%)
Hero mucks Q:spade: Q:club: (Three of a Kind, Queens)
(Pre 54%, Flop 73%, Turn 89%)
UTG wins 90.82 BB

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am fine with everything up till turn+river. I like to bet this turn again. We pick up increasd equity versus AK (which now has 2 straight outs and 4 A outs as opposed to 4 A and 4 K) and this is a pretty decent value spot.

River is awful, we are getting close to 2.5-1 on a call. We only lose to a a Kx (and an 8x but thats not happening) and i think he has all AK combos, the final KQs combo, and KK to win. 23 combos in all. We beat TT, JJ, AA, and bluffs, i honestly don't think he fires with lower sets here enough to justify a call.

However, if you think he can bet TT, JJ, AA here we have enough to call. (I don't) with 30-70 about.

board: 2s Tc Js 9d Qd
HandEquityWinsTiesQsQc31.58%120AK, JJ, TT, AA, KK, KQ68.42%260

Last edited:
TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with tenjack, 3-bet pre and c-bet flop. I don't see the check on the turn. What are you losing to? AA and KK likely 4-bet the flop. Maybe JJ, TT, or 99, but not likely. One could make the argument for checking to induce. I guess it's close.

The numbers say the river call is bad, but I would call to. There are a few bluffs in his range, so...

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 3bet pre flop is low for me 4 times is better, the flop is very very low its a draw heavy flop u put less than half pot u can tell any about his cbet folding u have 3 hands on him its just nothing going from there u r in trouble there a lot of turn cards that make your QQ in bad posture. the 9 is the less scarier of all those card u hold the QQ so it's less likely that he hold a Q, i would bet the turn there no question dont give him a free card. the river is so bad that u need to fold a set there doesn't make your hand better it make it worst in my opinion, for me it's an easy fold.
let's see the result now, after seen the result i have nothing to add.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet turn
your explanation & play makes no sense
"9 of diamonds is actually a good card for me as I pack up a open ended straight draw now. I decide to check and root for a K."
If it's a good card why are you checking back?

777alex777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet in the turn and would not give a free card

Picatrix

Picatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet in the turn and would not give a free card

bet turn
your explanation & play makes no sense
"9 of diamonds is actually a good card for me as I pack up a open ended straight draw now. I decide to check and root for a K."
If it's a good card why are you checking back?

+2, made no sense to me why you checked there. Just gave him a free card.