$50 NLHE 6-max: Bad Bluff? .15 / .13

C

Cini4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, was this a bad bluff? Did not expect the villain to call Preflop 3bet out of position with that hand considering i have not been 3 betting often. my hand would appear strong

Table 'Alcor' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: biggdummy ($66.45 in chips)
Seat 2: FunkyJesus ($30 in chips)
Seat 3: Akai911 ($31.08 in chips)
Seat 4: trumpcaddy ($28.99 in chips)
Seat 5: Mancini4 ($28.75 in chips)
Seat 6: axn87 ($37.37 in chips)
trumpcaddy: posts small blind $0.15
Mancini4: posts big blind $0.30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mancini4 [Jc Jh]
axn87: folds
biggdummy: folds
FunkyJesus: raises $0.60 to $0.90
Akai911: calls $0.90
trumpcaddy: folds
Mancini4: raises $1.20 to $2.10
FunkyJesus: calls $1.20
Akai911: folds
*** FLOP *** [Ah 6h 2c]
Mancini4: bets $3
FunkyJesus: calls $3
*** TURN *** [Ah 6h 2c] [Kh]
Mancini4: bets $6
FunkyJesus: calls $6
*** RIVER *** [Ah 6h 2c Kh] [4d]
Mancini4: bets $17.65 and is all-in
FunkyJesus: calls $17.65
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Mancini4: shows [Jc Jh] (a pair of Jacks)
FunkyJesus: shows [Th Qh] (a flush, Ace high)
FunkyJesus collected $56.55 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $58.55 | Rake $2
Board [Ah 6h 2c Kh 4d]
Seat 1: biggdummy folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: FunkyJesus showed [Th Qh] and won ($56.55) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 3: Akai911 (button) folded before Flop
Seat 4: trumpcaddy (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Mancini4 (big blind) showed [Jc Jh] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 6: axn87 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once the K hits the turn completing the flush and a second over, we slow down and check this. When you bet, you're only getting called by better which is exactly what your opponent had. The river doesn't even pair the board, so what are you exactly trying to rep? There's so many combos that can call you.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ is a complicated hand to Cbet/bluff in 6max, this flop is not the best to try that, villain open range had a lot Ax Kx (QhTh...), soo this can be considered a weak bluff in this spot

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're initial 3-bet is too small with the villains cold caller there, make it $4.50-$5.10. The villain only had to call $1.20 into a pot that was already $4.05 so better than 3-1 odds for his suited broadways. You're c-bet on the flop doesn't have to be that big to work $2-$2.50 is enough and I may not even c-bet this since I have a blocker and villains range is dominated by hands that have a lot of equity against us. It's OK to try to get to showdown cheaply here.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your 3 bet is too small, as YOU are the one who will be out of position for the hand.

It's a terrible board for JJ, and your decision to barrel off there was very optimistic.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your 3Bet was really small OOP and allows just about every drawing hand to come along with you. C betting the flop is fine, I would probably be looking to shut down on the turn. You JJ with a Heart blocks some of the flushdraws villain could have turned, but the two high cards on the board also hit villains flatting 3 bet range pretty well. At the river, you hand is only a bluff and as you’re OOP you could consider using it as a bluff catcher. I’m not sure if you wanted villain to call or fold to your jam which usually isn’t a good spot.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep I agree with the others, too small of a 3bet oop.
You should consider something around to 4$ because you are out of position and you have a caller too. If you don't want to 3bet, just call, nothing wrong with that too.
Now since he calls I prefer to check on the flop and see my hand as a bluff catcher rather than cbet, even if the flop is quite good for cbeting.
As played I don't like your bluff either, he called a 3bet (he could call it with any hand literally since the odds are too high), flop and turn.
I guess you are representing AA, AK?

Sorry I don't like your play at all on this hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
As many have said, your 3-bet need to be way larger. Even against one opponent 4X is standard OOP, and here there was a field caller as well.

Flop
Either check or make a small C-bet ("downbetting"). An A high flop is not, what we are looking for with JJ.

Turn
Time to shut it down. Maybe we can check-call a small bet with our 1-card flushdraw.

River
I dont know. I guess, JJ is one of the worst hands, you can even have now? You also have a relevant blocker. So maybe this bluff is ok, but I just dont get to the river like this, so I dont find myself in this situation. It is ok to just give up, when you are OOP in a 3-bet pot and hit a really bad board runout.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not trying to be mean, but you need to think a lot more about your range in this spot. If you're barreling this hand, what hands aren't you barreling? Flop is whatever I usually check but betting isn't terrible, but turn you have a super standard ch/c. Why are you betting? The hands that fold to your turn bet are generally going to be the ones you already beat. Like this is I think the actual worst hand to bet on this turn but you're betting. Is there a hand you don't barrel here? Or are you just randomly deciding what to do without thinking about ranges?

As played river's whatever, you're almost never ahead so river bluff is probably fine. He can fold some Ax and he can even have some Kxh although there aren't a ton of combos of that and he would have needed to float flop with K high.

Turn bet is what you need to focus on though, because as I mentioned I actually think you have literally the worst hand in your range to bet on that turn.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your 3 bet is too small, as YOU are the one who will be out of position for the hand.

It's a terrible board for JJ, and your decision to barrel off there was very optimistic.

THIS. 3Bet should be 3.5x + coldcaller money.
Flop is a boarder line CB. Maybe just c/f.
Turn is definitely a CF.