$5 PLO 6-max: PLO .01/.02 Shenanigans

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello community can I have your input on this sick cooler {it borderline should be relocated to the Brags, Bad beats thread in the forums} but I also need some help with analysis in this hand...

Can I have done this differently (in the end its a sick cooler). Looking back now my re raise on the river is quite foolish I think considering the paired board.. I've included the holdings in the spoiler tab at the very bottom of the hand, but it should be fairly obvious what two hands were in the pot from the action!

Thanks again, your thoughts and advice is always appreciated,

**************​

pokerstars - Omaha Cash Games - $0.01/0.02 Blinds - 6 Players
Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

BTN: $2
SB: $3.57 HERO
BB: $2
UTG: $1.91
UTG+1: $1.78 VILLAIN
CO: $1.15

Pre-flop: Dealt to SB
9c.png
As.png
Ks.png
Tc.png

(1 folds), UTG+1 calls $.02, (2 folds), SB raises to $.06, BB calls $.04, UTG+1 calls $.04

Flop: ($.18)
Js.png
Ts.png
7s.png
(3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks

Turn: ($.18)
Js.png
Ts.png
7s.png
Td.png
(3 Players)
SB bets $.09, (1 folds), UTG+1 calls $.09

River: ($.36)
Js.png
Ts.png
7s.png
Td.png
9h.png
(2 Players)
SB bets $.35, UTG+1 raises to $1.40, SB raises to $3.42 and is all-in, UTG+1 calls $.23 and is all-in, SB returns $1.79

********​

SB Showed
9c.png
As.png
Ks.png
Tc.png

UTG+1 Showed
9s.png
8s.png
Qd.png
Aa.png

UTG+1 wins $3.50 with a straight flush, Seven to Jack

Villain shows - wait for it - 9 8 Q A
UTG+1 wins $3.50 with a straight flush, Seven to Jack :motz:

:icon_king​

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play PLO but I would never slowplay here. You just want more value from some draws, straight, sets, two pairs. So definitely bet a flop.

I guess paired board in plo is really bad so turn is not nice but we have to bet.

River is really bad. Sometimes he will have an eight but many times he will just show you a better hand like full house. I would just play check/call probably.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have a boat on the river... Ts full 9s... only beat by JJ, JT, and SFs.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have a boat on the river... Ts full 9s... only beat by JJ, JT, and SFs.

aw right. I was too much focused on AKs.so ye. Bet flop, bet turn, bet river/stuck off. We can't fold it. Especially on plo2. sorry for my mistake.

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play PLO but I would never slowplay here. You just want more value from some draws, straight, sets, two pairs. So definitely bet a flop.

I guess paired board in plo is really bad so turn is not nice but we have to bet.

River is really bad. Sometimes he will have an eight but many times he will just show you a better hand like full house. I would just play check/call probably.

Its a little different though in PLO if you bet here most of the time on a flop like this (3 cards of the same suit) its considered an action killer the only hands that may proceed are similar flushes, a big set trying to draw to the boat for cheap, and of course in the rare ocassions a flopped straight flush.

Because the hands run so much bigger its very believable if someone bets the flop with 3 spades and in then everyone just folds it. It depends on how you play it I guess.

This was painful because I seldom flop A high flushes and of course in the off chance that I do its absolutely crushed this one time by a flopped straight flush LOL! :bath: I rinse myself of this absolute cooler

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly we need to fold the turn in plo. His sets that were drawing to boats just turned us pretty much dead, we block k-high flushes, what do we really beat?

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly we need to fold the turn in plo. His sets that were drawing to boats just turned us pretty much dead, we block k-high flushes, what do we really beat?

Folding the turn when the board pairs yes but consider the action we are in Small Blind and first to act (flop was check check)

so I lead out and Villain flats the turn - in most cases this is a weak call on the turn unless he is slow playing the nut nutssssss where villain knows he/she can check for value and let me peal off as many cards as I like and still not beat villain's hand

I think what a more appropriate consideration would be was to fold that river raise from .35 to 1.40 or even just a call its micro stakes and no one is pulling off mind bending re raise bluffs (the re raise by me in hindsight is foolish) really tough hand to fold however - not every day you flop the nut flush ... improve to a full house and still are beat

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to raise pot pre and bet pot flop for value. Re-raising on river doesn't make sense, it's just good enough to call.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep i don't know why i said fold turn :D I think best play here is to check, hope for Qs, or the 4th T, (although were still beat)

Yeah either flat or fold the river. Jam only gets called by better and bluffing at 1/2 plo is not really wise lol. :D:D

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep i don't know why i said fold turn :D I think best play here is to check, hope for Qs, or the 4th T, (although were still beat)

Yeah either flat or fold the river. Jam only gets called by better and bluffing at 1/2 plo is not really wise lol. :D:D

Hahah good point can you imagine the queen of spades on the river - and no bad beat jackpot because its online wow!!! Life Tilt!!!
:rock:

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to raise pot pre and bet pot flop for value. Re-raising on river doesn't make sense, it's just good enough to call.

Agreed thank you for your insight, I think I missed the bet on the flop but I was under the impression that I had the nuts and I instead checked it :icon_stud