$5 NLHE Full Ring: Bottom set vs aggression from a passive fishy opponent
Hero (MP) ($5.28)
: Hero is MP with 5
, 5[image: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif]
, Hero bets $0.15
, Button calls $0.15, 2 folds
: ($0.37) 8[image: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/club.gif], 5[image: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/heart.gif], J[image: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif] (2 players)
Hero bets $0.18
, Button raises to $0.60
, Hero calls $0.42
: ($1.57) J[image: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/heart.gif] (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.80
, Hero raises to $1.60
, Button calls $0.80
: ($4.77) 9[image: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/images/smilies/diamond.gif] (2 players)
Hero bets $2.93 (All-In)
, 1 fold
$4.77 | Rake:
BTN is 24 / 9 / 2.4% 3bet over 468 hands. AF 1.5 (28%). No notes but I was under impression he isn't really good (he is losing 58bb/100 so maybe that is why) but of course sample is small.
- Flop is the classic "cooler scenario" with set over set but I don't trust this guy to only do this with sets so I decide it is best to string him along.
- Turn changes nothing except if he as AJ he is now truly hooked my minraise sets up river jam.
- River - he folds??? To say I was astonished is an understatement, WTF is he calling the turn with and folding river? OESD? Random PP that was chasing a cooler?
1. Line check and thinking process evaluation?
2. Is there a way to stack this guy (jam turn)?
Edit: I didn't expect this guy to play OESD aggressively but probably that is what happened here. He probably called with T9s.