$5 NLHE Full Ring: AA facing fish check/call

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I do think, this hand is overplayed. Already on the flop you need to realise, that this is one of the worst possible textures for AA. A lot of the time it will end up with a 1-liner on the river, and your hand will pretty much have gone up in flames.

For this reason I prefer to check the flop. This does a number of good things. It allow CO to bluff, and it keeps the pot smaller, if he check behind. It also disguises your hand, so that you can easier get value, if you hit a good turn card like a 2-6 and go for a delayed C-bet.

As played yes definitely slow down on the river. Both players called you twice, so its time to consider, what they are calling with, especially CO. Its different, if you are only against SB. He turned out to be the one having the goods, but a fish will also call down a lot with JX, TT, 9X. So against him its more ok to relentlessly go for value.

S

siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm up agianst 1 opponent (Fish) Should I bet 3street or pot control ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming only SB had called, I dont mind to go 3 streets of value against a fish. Maybe you dont need to size up on the river, but that is a small detail. And that big river bet can also look bluffy, so it can be a good line against fish. Him just check-calling all the way down with a flopped straight is fairly crazy. But this is, what fish do, so sometimes you will end up value owning yourself, and it just is, what it is. But other times he will show you 44, because he has two pair. Or because he put you on AK, and he love to police the tables.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm wondering what was CO's holding xD that he called 2 streets with.

For the small blind you don't even need stats, a player who makes such calls preflop from that position he definitely doesn't know what he's doing.

The flop is very bad for AA and against two opponents it's even worse. I prefer checking back here.
Actually I check all the way down, I don't mind if I lose value, I prefer more clear spots for a hand like AA. If the pot stays small I'm ok with that and I 'll search for a better opportunity to go big.

Against one opponent I would take the same line too, either I'm in position or not.
Again, it's not big deal for me to lose some value some times, that's my style and I feel comfortable that way. Maybe it's a leak though I don't know xD.

So yeah in my opinion this is overplayed. Don't feel obliged to play big with Aces.
For sure put all your chips in preflop, but after a multi-way single raised spot with a flop like that sometimes it's better to pass.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys, I can't agree with you that playing check on the flop with AA is right decision. The flop seems a little dangerous for me, some draws to straight. I play similarly to hero, bet about 50% - 67% of the pot. When I check the flop I give my opponents free card. I learnt that player from the small blind better select hands that player who defends the big blind. The turn seems safe card for me and I think that bet again over 50% of the pot is good. I don't see too many 8x hands from the small blind. One sensible hand would be T8, but opponent have to be very loose to call t8 pre flop from the small blind. More possible hand from the small blind is pocket 88. Besides more probably hands are combination with Tx in this position like KTo or AT, maybe even sometimes pocket TT. Besides opponent can have some combination with Jx. So after this range of opponent I think I bet for value on the turn. The river is blank card. Often on that board opponent will be have not to strong hand like one pair. If I feel confident I risk and I bet on the river like hero. If I am not too confident on the river I play check/back. In this situation opponent caught the straight on the flop, it happens rarely.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, I can't agree with you that playing check on the flop with AA is right decision. The flop seems a little dangerous for me, some draws to straight. I play similarly to hero, bet about 50% - 67% of the pot. When I check the flop I give my opponents free card. I learnt that player from the small blind better select hands that player who defends the big blind. The turn seems safe card for me and I think that bet again over 50% of the pot is good. I don't see too many 8x hands from the small blind. One sensible hand would be T8, but opponent have to be very loose to call t8 pre flop from the small blind. More possible hand from the small blind is pocket 88. Besides more probably hands are combination with Tx in this position like KTo or AT, maybe even sometimes pocket TT. Besides opponent can have some combination with Jx. So after this range of opponent I think I bet for value on the turn. The river is blank card. Often on that board opponent will be have not to strong hand like one pair. If I feel confident I risk and I bet on the river like hero. If I am not too confident on the river I play check/back. In this situation opponent caught the straight on the flop, it happens rarely.

Yeah sure, this is very reasonable.
I think that I have some leaks here and there. Mostly leaks that make me lose some value on some hands I think. I guess it's an automated reaction of what my experience of the past teach me on other spots like that. But either it's a bet that I don't make (for pot control) or a big lay down on a turn reraise, I still prefer the conservative way of approaching the situations.

S

siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes most of time they'll show AJ KJ QJ but this time I think I overplayed this hand because there're 2 caller and co last to act so I don't know what he has and I don't see much draw
maybe TT TJ 9T If they check to me OTF I would like to bet because I don't want to give them a free card and there're a lot of turn card that will scare me but I think my mistake is betting river CO could have straight or full house and slowplay because want to keep SB in
If I'm up agianst only SB I'll play like this because they won't fold AJ KJ QJ
Need to say this hand I thought I'm last to act haha at that time I was playing another table
and thank you everyone