$5 NLHE 6-max: When to Cbet OOP as 3bettor

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey gang,

Had some rough poker days, lost a good chunk of my very modest bankroll and now I'm back down to 5nl to find I'm actually losing there too. I'm not sure I can beat the regs at 5nl ACR yet (any advice as to how to break out?).

Anyway, I've been working on my 3bet pots but I'm very confused in a lot of spots. PT4 filters tell me I'm bleeding money when I call 3bets as 2 bettor, but that I am killing when making 3bets.

Here is the hand. As played, aggression worked for my benefit as I could easily rep AK barrelling or KQs doing the same (holding Qd).

V is 25/19 over 500 hands, F3B of 33. I suspect his 2 bet to continue range is 55-JJ, AJo, AQo, ATs-AQs, KQo, KTs-KQs, QT-QJs and suited cons 76-JT. This is probably a little tighter than reality, but its the range I would continue with.

For my Cbet- we never get better hands to fold. For 1/3 -to 1/2 sizing he will continue with all pocket pairs ~39c out of his 109c. The only worse hands to call are worse suited cons.

Is that flawed thinking? Or should we bet to deny equity?

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB
UTG: 181.8 BB
MP: 113 BB
CO: 63.2 BB
BTN: 106 BB
Hero (SB): 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A Q

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.4 BB, Hero raises to 9.6 BB, fold, BTN calls 7.2 BB

Flop: (20.2 BB, 2 players) 4 5 4
Hero bets 6.6 BB, BTN calls 6.6 BB

Turn: (33.4 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 16.6 BB, fold

Hero wins 31.8 BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That hand seems pretty standard.

The turn is a great card for your range, so double barreling there makes sense, and you get a fold.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey gang,

Had some rough poker days, lost a good chunk of my very modest bankroll and now I'm back down to 5nl to find I'm actually losing there too. I'm not sure I can beat the regs at 5nl ACR yet (any advice as to how to break out?).

Anyway, I've been working on my 3bet pots but I'm very confused in a lot of spots. PT4 filters tell me I'm bleeding money when I call 3bets as 2 bettor, but that I am killing when making 3bets.

Here is the hand. As played, aggression worked for my benefit as I could easily rep AK barrelling or KQs doing the same (holding Qd).

V is 25/19 over 500 hands, F3B of 33. I suspect his 2 bet to continue range is 55-JJ, AJo, AQo, ATs-AQs, KQo, KTs-KQs, QT-QJs and suited cons 76-JT. This is probably a little tighter than reality, but its the range I would continue with.

For my Cbet- we never get better hands to fold. For 1/3 -to 1/2 sizing he will continue with all pocket pairs ~39c out of his 109c. The only worse hands to call are worse suited cons.

Is that flawed thinking? Or should we bet to deny equity?

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB
UTG: 181.8 BB
MP: 113 BB
CO: 63.2 BB
BTN: 106 BB
Hero (SB): 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A Q

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.4 BB, Hero raises to 9.6 BB, fold, BTN calls 7.2 BB

Flop: (20.2 BB, 2 players) 4 5 4
Hero bets 6.6 BB, BTN calls 6.6 BB

Turn: (33.4 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 16.6 BB, fold

Hero wins 31.8 BB

Well, for a 6-MAX table 25/19 are high stats for five hundred hands played.
I don't understand when you say that with our c-bet flop we never get better hands to fold.
Of course that "better" and "worse" are quite relative concepts here and should be worked with minutest care.
We can assume continuation range for this Villain, because only 500 hands played is not volume enough for serious assumptions over postflop game.
I think you played the hand fine preflop and postflop. Your c-bet of 1/2 pot had the same effect on those 'fit or fold' types that call OTF to fold OTT.
The King is very good for your range as a 3-bettor/Aggressor postflop.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa