$5 NLHE 6-max: Unusual board - Should I barrel river?

S

synkro7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

SB: $3.26 (65.2 bb)
BB: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
CO: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
Hero (BTN): $5.00 (100 bb)

SB posts $0.02, BB posts $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 6:heart: 6:club:
fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 5:heart: 5:spade: 5:club:
BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.64, 2 players) 9:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets $0.31, BB calls $0.31

River: ($1.26, 2 players) K:spade:
BB checks, Hero checks

No info on villain.

Hey guys so this is rare board I have encountered. Through my experience I find players to call wider on that kind of boards even with Ahighs, Khighs so I decided to double barrel my 66 for value.

When the Kx hits I still expect villain having lots of pocket pairs so should I continue barreling on that river?

Thanks

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd size a bit up on turn vs loose players. You are mostly gonna target A highs on this spot. Mostly 7s or 8s have you beat here.
river xb is nice

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are only extracting value from ax type hands. And those hand have a 12% chance of catching up with you by the river. I don't hate barreling the flop and the turn but to triple barrel the river looks like it'd be negative equity unless you think a bigger pocket pair is calling you down and you want to push him off the best hand? Even then. I'd give up on the river.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played.

Sizing could be bigger but then again now you might get more calls from worse hands then yours. Checking back on river is totally fine as what would still call you down now that the K hits that is not better then your hand and you still have a good chance that you have the best hand.