teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 23/15/5

Hey my dudes and dudettes :cool:

I'm wondering how to play these types of hands.

V is 23/15 with a F3B of 0 in ~100 hands. I think I've been the only guy 3betting him, and I've been doing it whenever I can IP b/c this guy as been folding flops.

No 4 bets from V yet. So I imagine it's possible he flats with QQ here ( I would if I were being 3bet relentlessly)

I'm wondering...
1) How good is a cbet here? Generally should we play this mutliway draws aggressively? In a 3bet pot?
2) What size should we bet?
3) If he calls, what is in his range and how should we continue turn?
4) If he raises, what's his range and what do we do?

As played, I don't think I need to bet nearly that large. If he raises our flop bet we're in a bad spot- he almost always has a set. :eek: So should we bet small and fold to a raise? He is sitting at around 70 bb left on the flop.

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 81.6 BB
Hero (BTN): 224.4 BB
SB: 96.4 BB
BB: 105.2 BB
UTG: 99.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K T

fold, CO raises to 2.8 BB, Hero raises to 8.4 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 5.6 BB

Flop: (18.2 BB, 2 players) 4 J Q
CO checks, Hero bets 10.6 BB, fold

Hero wins 17.4 BB

:D

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I ran the numbers. If he xr with QQ, JJ, 44 only we are still good to shove over him!

So then cbet sizing.... If we assume he calls with All diamond aces, 77-TT, All decent Queens and Jacks, and suited cons of diamons, do we bet out 1/3 pot to allow them all to stay?

At best he had 9 better fds, so I'm not worried about that.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a sticky villain we must maximize our preflop raise range. You can go higher if we think that the other villains have a low frequency of continuity. In this case when facing a short stack, possibly 3x is a good size.
The flop is too good not to bet, but in this pot we can choose a smaller size, like 1/3 (considering the characteristics of this V) to induce open calls and look for equity with our wet combinations. The result of this hand was good because we obtained a profitable fold for our hand. The other alternative is to keep the villain's bluffs, while looking for the correct odds for our combined draws.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 23/15/5

Hey my dudes and dudettes :cool:

I'm wondering how to play these types of hands.

V is 23/15 with a F3B of 0 in ~100 hands. I think I've been the only guy 3betting him, and I've been doing it whenever I can IP b/c this guy as been folding flops.

No 4 bets from V yet. So I imagine it's possible he flats with QQ here ( I would if I were being 3bet relentlessly)

I'm wondering...
1) How good is a cbet here? Generally should we play this mutliway draws aggressively? In a 3bet pot?
2) What size should we bet?
3) If he calls, what is in his range and how should we continue turn?
4) If he raises, what's his range and what do we do?

As played, I don't think I need to bet nearly that large. If he raises our flop bet we're in a bad spot- he almost always has a set. :eek: So should we bet small and fold to a raise? He is sitting at around 70 bb left on the flop.

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 81.6 BB
Hero (BTN): 224.4 BB
SB: 96.4 BB
BB: 105.2 BB
UTG: 99.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K T

fold, CO raises to 2.8 BB, Hero raises to 8.4 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 5.6 BB

Flop: (18.2 BB, 2 players) 4 J Q
CO checks, Hero bets 10.6 BB, fold

Hero wins 17.4 BB

:D

Given that Villain folds too much to 3-bet, I would not risk to do it with such a strong holding as KTs, being in position. Besides, there was nothing else to do OTF, perhaps a bet between 1/3 to 1/2 pot would do the work just fine.
If we do check OTF is okay too, because we are drawing to the Royal Stone Cold Nuts Flush. :D

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

M

Mercurius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the bet and sizing is spot on here, 1/2 to 3/4 pot.

Usually I’m betting low (1/3), part for pot control, part to bring along worse hands - however with this type of board where he can have something meaningful and hence call down vs our monster draw I’m all about it.

If villain is calling you want this to be a big action hand and if they fold you’d have probably only got the 1 street out of them anyway. It’s more likely than not you see a call as the flop should hit their range fairly well, but if they’re calling 3 bets wide with middling pocket pairs or suited connectors then you’re getting no action regardless of bet sizing on the flop I’d guess - hence I’d bet big, hope they’ve connected and take their stack.

I think you said you’ve already run the numbers but intuitively you’ll be getting the pot odds to take on a set here as you have a huge range of outs with two cards to come. I’d be fine calling a reraise or shoving over it with this holding.

M

Mercurius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of the reason I think it’s better to size up here is that when the flush / straight completes they may shut down so it’s easier to extract value here. If you hit on the turn you have the option to check back - if they have a set the check may induce a shove from them on the river and you take their stack. Alternatively you can put them in a really tough spot with a half pot bet on the river having checked the turn.