Stacks:
UTG carora2009 ($112.6BB) 113bb
UTG+1 NoName5515 ($103.6BB) 104bb
CO Sebaa_dragon ($61.4BB) 61bb
BTN P1ooD ($111.6BB) 112bb
SB madsen2910 ($110.6BB) 111bb
BB Hero ($100BB) 100bb

Pre-Flop: (1.4BB, 6 players) Hero is BB J J
3 folds, P1ooD raises to 3BB, madsen2910 calls 2.6BB, Hero raises to 15BB, P1ooD folds, madsen2910 calls 12BB

Flop: 6 Q 7 ($33BB, 2 players)
madsen2910 checks, Hero bets 14BB, madsen2910 calls 14BB

Turn: 9 ($61BB, 2)
madsen2910 checks, Hero checks

River: 3 ($61BB, 2)
madsen2910 checks, Hero checks

Preflop:
BU seems to be a nitty 13/11 after 54 hands, SB is 67/0 rec after 21 hands.
I guess this squeeze is both for value and to isolate and play IP with recreational.
Flop:
I think I have a value bet here. He might call with stuff like Qx but also FD, backdoor FD and straight draw type hands like 89,54 and gutshots T8,T9, 43 and also 7x or 6x like A7,A6 etc.
Should I go higher sizing to give a worse price to draws?
Turn:
This card is propably good for him and I was not sure if I should make another thin v bet? Decided to checkback and try to go to showdown.
River:
On river still realizing my plan to go to showdown.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played this hand pretty well.
Always difficult OOP, but checking turn is okay. You can also bet turn but remember jj is a marginal hand on this board so there's no need to bloat the pot unnessary.
You said it in your post that the 9 on the turn helps the caller here, so it's probably best to check.
On the river you can decide to value bet here as villain would most likely bet the turn with a Q, but checking is also fine to ensure we realise our equity from OOP

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NH. Might go a little smaller on the squeeze because BTN will likely fold, and you shouldn't care if SB tags along since you're IP. Other than that, looks good. You should be betting the flop for value. Good sizing.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NH. Might go a little smaller on the squeeze because BTN will likely fold, and you shouldn't care if SB tags along since you're IP. Other than that, looks good. You should be betting the flop for value. Good sizing.
This is a really old thread but I found this spot interesting on the turn. I agree that 3 bet sizing may be a tad large. What are your thoughts on double barreling this turn card against the wide SB range? Is going for two streets just too spewy here? I just like the idea of charging all the hands SB may continue with here (flush draws, straight draws, smaller pairs) and denying equity to Kx and Ax. Obviously checking back river if called.

A

Alijohn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You played this hand pretty well but you could value bet after turn card and if he still calls, check on the river would be best play.he got probably Ak/aj/ kj or some straight draw.