• Thread starter teh_colonel_saigon
  • Start date
teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should have gone for check-raise on flop, but i think c bet is fine. He raised quite large, and we arent folding this... only really behind sets, TT and QQ, and QQ would 4 bet some times

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 162 BB
MP: 60.6 BB
CO: 105.4 BB
BTN: 85.2 BB
SB: 105.6 BB
Hero (BB): 103.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, BTN calls 6.8 BB

Flop: (18.4 BB, 2 players) T:spade: 2:spade: Q:heart:
Hero bets 9.2 BB, BTN raises to 36.8 BB, Hero raises to 94.4 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 39.4 BB and is all-in

Turn: (170.8 BB, 2 players) T:heart:

River: (170.8 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:

BTN shows Q:club: K:club: (Full House, Tens full of Queens)
(Pre 71%, Flop 45%, Turn 68%)
Hero shows J:spade: K:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
(Pre 29%, Flop 55%, Turn 32%)
BTN wins 162.4 BB

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fine as played. When evaluating on whether or not a XR is better, I would look at the following:
1) How wide is villains range on button.
2) How often will he have medium strength hands that he will check behind
3) Is it a board where villain should expect a XR by a decent part of my range (eg AK, AH type hands)

As our villains at NL2 usually play their hand not their range, we probably don’t need a big XR range unless we have a read. If there is value we should bet.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
we love 6-Max!

I should have gone for check-raise on flop, but i think c bet is fine. He raised quite large, and we arent folding this... only really behind sets, TT and QQ, and QQ would 4 bet some times

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J K

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, BTN calls 6.8 BB

Flop: (18.4 BB, 2 players) T 2 Q
Hero bets 9.2 BB, BTN raises to 36.8 BB, Hero raises to 94.4 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 39.4 BB and is all-in

Turn: (170.8 BB, 2 players) T

River: (170.8 BB, 2 players) T

BTN shows Q K (Full House, Tens full of Queens)
Hero shows J K (Three of a Kind, Tens)
BTN wins 162.4 BB

Hi teh_colonel_saigon, thanks again for sharing with us! Very good for our poker improvement and social realization.

Stack sizes

One thing Nathan 'Blackrain79' Williams always says in his YouTube videos, blogs, books is that the first thing we have to look is the stack sizes of the players.
So, we see that BTN is broken stack (85.2 BB). Which means almost 90% of times that this Villain is a recreative one.
Against these kind of players almost anything we do is correct.
If we decide just to call preflop instead of 3betting, it is okay because we have a very strong hands versus Button Opening range (40-50%), if we 3bet it is also okay, because the player is most likely to be a recreational that we can outplay postflop, even out of position, and we have a strong hand (KsJs) that will realize its equity very good against BTN's stealing/opening range.
As you said teh_colonel_saigon, you could go by check-raising flop, but IMO check-calling or check-shoving here is also okay. :cool:
If the player is a regular of the field, I would mostly go by check-calling or check-raising, because we have a hand that have a lot potential in many Turns/Rivers, but it is nothing but a semi-bluff (OESD+2nd Flush nuts draw+two overcads).
By shoving all in OESD+Flush draw we can easily represent the strongest part of our range here: TT, 22, QQ, QTs, AA and KK.
It is a good move against fishes this one you made, nonetheless, personally, I don't like to go all in flop with all of my OESD+flush draws. If I had hit a Jx or Kx in the board plus OESD+Flush Draw I would see no other alternative against a fish, but in this case I would be nearly breakeven against all the BTN's range.
My personal poker gameplan seems a lot like chess game: When I see a good move, I always try to think and find a better one.
Anyways, I like this move and I'll do it a lot against recreational ones. Remember: poker is not about right or wrong.
Nice hand, respect always and good luck and good game at the tables!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard 3bet preflop IMO, post-flop effective stacks are 80ish BB and I think that this deep, we stack combos at 5 and 10NL as a no brainer. I guess you're pissed that he stacked off with TP and got away with it but hey, that's poker

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand. I think this line is printing money with this flop. As the numbers show we get it in with a 10% edge for stacks even with the bottom of our 3 bet range. I prefer the bet/3bet line to the x/r on the flop. All the times we have QQ+, TT, AQ, we are even farther ahead. Of course V would have ultimately chopped with our AQ but that's not the point. Some players may not feel comfortable playing for stacks with only a 10% edge but if you're playing within your bankroll taking these spots make us much harder to play against. As a bonus, some fish will see this and make an incorrect adjustment to call off even wider giving us larger edges in the future.

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J K

Flop: (18.4 BB, 2 players) T 2 Q

Turn: (170.8 BB, 2 players) T

River: (170.8 BB, 2 players) T

BTN shows Q K (Full House, Tens full of Queens)
Hero shows J K (Three of a Kind, Tens)
BTN wins 162.4 BB[/QUOTE

I would have flat called the buttons raise on the flop. I believe the all in raise was too ambitious. I would then be prepared to check fold the turn on a paired board.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You flopped the monster draw, an open ended straight/flush draw with all 15 outs intact. That makes you an almost 54% favourite on that flop. Shovel in your money!! In the long run, you will come out ahead.