$5 NLHE 6-max: Raise flop or keep draws on board?

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plan was to raise the turn on non diamonds, non aces.

River I couldn't find bluffs or hands I beat taking that line... :(

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 257.2 BB
CO: 107.8 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 242.6 BB
BB: 109.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

fold, CO raises to 2.4 BB, Hero raises to 6.6 BB, SB calls 6.2 BB, fold, CO calls 4.2 BB

Flop: (20.8 BB, 3 players) 2:diamond: 3:club: 3:diamond:
SB bets 10.4 BB, CO calls 10.4 BB, Hero calls 10.4 BB

Turn: (52 BB, 3 players) 6:diamond:
SB bets 13.8 BB, fold, Hero calls 13.8 BB

River: (79.6 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
SB bets 69.6 BB, fold

SB wins 75.8 BB

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he could have over-played JJ-TT knowing how strong his line looked if he bet big on the river

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$5 NLHE 6-max: Raise flop or keep draws on board?

Preflop 3bet should be larger, and just raise large on the flop as overpairs on this board is close to nuts, then re evaluate turn, you don't want to go 3way

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn’t realize turn brought a diamond, yes that is tough.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
3-bet should be larger. I like around 9BB.

Flop
Clearly prefer a raise here. Never slowplay at 5NL. Its really rare, they have 22 or 3x, and a ton of worse hands can call, mainly overpairs and some flushdraws.

Turn
Just jam now. Yes the draws got there, but its still way more likely, he has a worse overpair than anything else, and he will call at least with those, that hold a diamond. Sometimes you will get it in bad, but we can not live in constant fear of monsters under the bed.

River
The money should have gone in on the turn, so this river almost does not even matter. But as played I like your fold. You dont beat any value, and there are no busted draws and therefore no natural bluffs. His line also seem a little fishy, and usually fish dont bluff all that much for stacks. You are also not getting a good price, since he bet almost the size of the pot.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we can call down here
yes we are going to be wrong here and look foolish if he has something that beats us

he can't have AK KQ diamonds because we have the diamond so that leaves him with only AJs AQs ATs QTs QJs those which I mentioned 5 combos QQ obviously beat us but I think most players would 4b here versus late posistion 3bets

now we look at hands he could be overvaluing given that he donked 3 way in a 3b pot which seems a bit fishy JJ TT 99 all with a diamond but sometimes not even that then AQo/s QTo/s QJo/s QTo/s sorry if there's a few combos that swing either way as value like wheel maybe 5 combos and other suited broadways but I think there's far too much hands he overvalues too many hands here not to call